What's new

made from scrap/junk razor bank

made from scrap/junk razor bank

i saw some of the home made razor banks on here so i desided to make my own w/ scraps of stuff i have laying around the house. i started off w/ a used tin i had laying around
proxy.php

I cut a hole in the top
proxy.php

Deside to make it a big hole
proxy.php

proxy.php

found an old PVC pipe laying around the house
proxy.php

I glued the top of the tin to the PVC pipe
proxy.php

bottome
proxy.php

proxy.php

done
proxy.php

noticed it was a bit to tall
proxy.php

so I cut the PVC pipe down
this is it in its location
proxy.php

proxy.php

dropping used blade in it
proxy.php

I want to paint it but I don’t have any paint laying around the house
I wanted it long and out of the way because I live in a small apt and the sink has very little space around it and I didn’t want an under the counter bin. Of course making stuff feels better then buying it!!!!

Last edited:
My dad and I made a potato cannon like this years ago. I don't remember the exact dimensions, but it had a PVC barrel quite like yours and a PVC chamber as well. Never did figure out how far it shoot, but it would rip the bark of the tree if we missed the clearing. I bet with some more power we could get one into orbit. I'd call it 'spudnik'.

My dad and I made a potato cannon like this years ago. I don't remember the exact dimensions, but it had a PVC barrel quite like yours and a PVC chamber as well. Never did figure out how far it shoot, but it would rip the bark of the tree if we missed the clearing. I bet with some more power we could get one into orbit. I'd call it 'spudnik'.

funny thing is it used to be the barrel for my spud gun!!!

I love stuff like this to show my wife so she realizes that I am not the only crazy one!

my girl thinks im crazy when i make stuff like this. she does one of 2 thing: when im done w/ my project i show her and she shakes her head and says "your such a dork" or she looks at it and says "wow that pretty neat"

my girl thinks im crazy when i make stuff like this. she does one of 2 thing: when im done w/ my project i show her and she shakes her head and says "your such a dork" or she looks at it and says "wow that pretty neat"

I can relate to the "your such a dork" part... but it's usually "you're such a geek!"

after making my big blade bank i thought i should thank my father for getting me into DE shaving so i made him a blade bank the way ~ray~ made his. i also made a 2nd because i bought 2 cans and was bored here they are my dads has his name on it the other just a random design and on the top a taped an old razor to it and panted it then took the razor off
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I found Persona blades at super wal-mart last night. A ten pack for 1.97 in a little dispenser. These are the first DE blades I have ever bought, and last night was the first DE shave. Not a bad shave, but I can wait till it gets closer.
Anyway, on the back of the dispenser there is a place to put the used blades.
They just slide in.

I think I am gonna use that, though I do like the tin can idea.

Has anyone found anything to do with the used blades?
Seems like you could find a lot of those, and they are still pretty sharp I imagine.

Top Bottom