What's new

Military themed spirits

i saw this on liquer snob
http://www.bravespirits.com/

millitary themed alcoholic bevrages,
i dont know if enlisted folk and veterans should take this in a positive way or as a bad joke,

I'm taking it as a bad joke.

They are targeting a niche market, and putting far too much emphasis on the package and a glitzy presentation ... nothing at all is said about the actual product, except to emphasize that it is all American-made.

I wouldn't buy it. I'd hesitate even to drink it, as the very concept of the way they advertise offends me.

Truly one of the worst concepts I've ever seen - offensive actually.

I will never buy this stuff - if it was any good, they'd not need the stupid marketing approach.

I doubt that they'll be around very long. First and foremost, I'm pretty sure that it is illegal to use the image of the American Flag for personal profit, or as an advertisement for a business. Secondly, I wouldn't buy the product either. I, as well as many veterans would likely much rather have a glass of Jack Daniels than their "First In Whiskey".... whatever that is supposed to be.

I do commend them for allegedly giving a portion of their procedes to charities that support the veterans. That being said, I won't be buying the stuff anytime soon.

I do commend them for allegedly giving a portion of their procedes to charities that support the veterans. That being said, I won't be buying the stuff anytime soon.

+1. I'd rather buy a bottle of J&B and make a seperate, private donation.

Tasteless. Both the ad campaign and possibly the spirits.

I'm glad that vets are getting donations. That's always good, but something about this doesn't seem honorable to me.

I'm not a veteran myself so my opinion doesn't really matter here, but if any vet has a problem with this please let me know.

cashing in on the ultimate price. Not for me.

I'd rather a bottle of something that does not need to 'cash in' to sell and a donation to legacy or the RSL (returned serviceman's league).

a bit tacky.but not offensive,IMO.there may be honorable people behind the company who see it as a way to make a living and help out the vets.

Or it could be a throwback to the British Navy's recruiting tactics in the Elizabethan era -- have a drink or three "on the house" and wake up aboard ship. "Yer in the Navy now!"

In general, I give this liquor and website a thumbs down. Bad liquor with dumb names. Want to help a vet? Hire one. Vote for worthy elected officials. Pay your taxes. Write your congressional representatives and tell them to support the VA.

I thought this thread was going to be drink recipes. :thumbdown

My contribution:

Gen. Eisenhower, Gen. Bradley, and Gen. Patton enjoyed a drink called a 170. From War As I Knew It:

General Eisenhower and General Bradley came to lunch and we had a new drink we called the 170. It was half brandy and half champagne. Most people thought it was all champagne, so the results were exceptionally good.

Sounds tasty.:drool:

Last edited:
FWIW if you check the "where to buy" page they only sell them on bases. Most states don't have anything. Maryland had Ft. Meade and Aberdeen Proving Grounds listed. I found one other state that sold them but I forget which, maybe NY or NJ.

Top Bottom