What's new

Nancy Boy Laundry Detergent

I picked it up in order to get over the 50 dollar free shipping limit, thinking "it can't be any worse than tide, whatever".

They advertise it as follows -
http://www.nancyboy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10_33&products_id=59

This formulation is a big departure from what’s available in the supermarket. The cheap industrial grade soaps in every supermarket brand of laundry detergent (both powders and liquids) are so crude and strong they can never be fully rinsed out in the wash. In the dryer these soap residues form an invisible crust on every piece of fabric. The result? First, everything feels rough and uncomfortable. Second, the dried soap crystals rub together and cut the fabric (proof? lint in the lint trap). Third, this rubbing creates static cling.

So when we developed our laundry soap, we formulated it with concentrated high-quality soap that powers out tough stains but also rinses out to almost imperceptible levels, making it unnecessary to use a fabric softener or dryer sheet. This approach results in naturally soft, cuddly laundry, a dramatic reduction in static cling and a decrease in lint of at least 30% (check your lint trap!) thereby lengthening fabric life. Our soap is also highly eco-friendly: dye free, phosphate free, biodegradable, no animal byproducts or testing, gentle, low-sudsing and color safe. Formulated for use in both traditional top and newer front-loading (High Efficiency) washers.

20 dollars gets you 60 fullsize HE washes, which blows Tide and whatnot away, so that's good money sense. but the performance is where it should be measured, above all things.

How's the performance?
I've never been one to be impressed by anything laundry-related. Yeah, I like my frontloader HE washer and dryer. They're awesome. Yeah. Great. Woo. Tide? Fine. Dryer sheets? Bounce, whatever.

I did 3 loads last night with Nancy Boy's detergent. No dryer sheets or other softener used. NORMALLY, that would result in a staticy mess of stiff clothing. With the NB? Nope. Clothing came out of a HOT dryer soft, clean, and not static-y at ALL. The lint filter, which I normally have to clean out after every load, had NOTHING in it.

As a bonus, the lavender smell is incredible.

I can't believe I am endorsing a laundry product, but this stuff is absolutely incredible. Get it. :)

You are making it so hard to resist purchasing a big box of stuff from those guys. Every single thing I read about them is a glowing review.

+1 Love the detergent. Everything you said is true. Great customer service. The ONLY thing I don't like about Nancy Boy is that they use FedEx. I hate Fedex, as I have nothing but problems with them. Other than that, possibly the best vendor I know of as far as mens toiletries.

it would not last the full 60 loads at my house.my wife usually dumps a full capful of whatever liquid i buy.it doesn't matter if it is 2x or 3x concentrate,a capful goes in(she doesn't read labels).another reason i usually do the laundry.

Last edited:
Laundry detergent works great as described above. I am slowly trying the other products based on reviews here. Been very impressed so far.

Laundry detergent works great as described above. I am slowly trying the other products based on reviews here. Been very impressed so far.

I have the replenishing shave cream, the face wash, and the cooling aftershave gel.

The shave cream - I can't get it to lather right. Having a hell of a time with it. The other products are incredible, though.

The shave cream - I can't get it to lather right.

Are you using it with a brush? I remember someone on here saying that NB told them that it's made as a brushless cream, and to use it with a brush you have to use a larger amount of cream to get a good lather.

Are you using it with a brush? I remember someone on here saying that NB told them that it's made as a brushless cream, and to use it with a brush you have to use a larger amount of cream to get a good lather.

Yeah I am - I might have to try it brushless. I used a goodly amount of cream yesterday - probably just need to use more. :)

Yeah I am - I might have to try it brushless. I used a goodly amount of cream yesterday - probably just need to use more. :)

I've used it brushless a couple of times in the shower and it works REALLY good that way. But it just doesn't feel right without the brush.

it would not last the full 60 loads at my house.my wife usually dumps a full capful of whatever liquid i buy.it doesn't matter if it is 2x or 3x concentrate,a capful goes in(she doesn't read labels).another reason i usually do the laundry.

This could work in your favor -- NB includes a scoop with the detergent. :smile:

Top Bottom