What's new

Star Cadet Info Please

Can anyone tell me more about this old Kampfe Star Cadet set and maybe its value? Thanks.

proxy.php

proxy.php

In a quick reveiw of my references, I don't find any information on this particular set with the "Cadet" name on it. The razor appears to be a rather typical Kampfe Star of the later version, designed for use with the thin, reinforced back blades that, at that time, Kampfe was refering to as "Cru-Steel" blades. With Kampfe, like Gillette, in some instances, the same razor was sold under more than one model name depending upon the case it was sold in.

The "Cru-Steel" blades were virtually the same as our current single edge blades but without the holes and slots that came at a later point in time. You can still use these razors with today's blades.

Regards,
Tom

its the set name, as some star sets in the late 1800s-early 1900s had names such as favorite, dandy, jewel, etc, similar to gillette sets in the 1920s, 1930s. star also made a cadet set in 1925 for the french market if i recall.

its the set name, as some star sets in the late 1800s-early 1900s had names such as favorite, dandy, jewel, etc, similar to gillette sets in the 1920s, 1930s. star also made a cadet set in 1925 for the french market if i recall.

Hey Dave, How are you doing? The seller of the set is in France.

not too well at the moment to be honest, but thanks for asking. i scan the safety razor forums on the sites about once a day, but thats it for now. the rest of my time is spent in bed.

Dave, sorry to hear you are not doing well, I wondered why I had not seen any posts from you in a while. Best wishes and good vibes headed your way. Get well soon!

Top Bottom