What's new

Trouble under Chin and Jaw line

I've been doing this for awhile now but no matter what I do, I can't get even close to a BBS under my chin and my jaw line. I've tried going WTG, XTG and ATG . By the end of the shave I've usually over done it and gotten major irritation on those places. Under my chin you can actually still see stubble after I'm done. I usually use a Merkur HD or Slant with Wilkinsons, Personnas or Derbys. I shower before I shave and either use Proraso Pre/Post or Shave Secret before lathering my soap or cream. I also have a patch right by my adams apple that I can never get close. Any suggestions?:confused:

Use Pre shave oil or olive oil and buff under your chin for your final pass. No need to put lather over the oil. Works for me in getting my BBS. I have corse facial hair and I used my HD this morning and got awesome results. I find Derbys to be dull on my beard though and I use Feathers only.

I still struggle with that patch right under my chin. It helps me a lot if I point my chin towards the ceiling while shaving there, it helps the whiskers to stand up.

I run into that same issue, but then again, I did my first wet shave this afternoon. I'm convinced I just haven't learned the grain of my hair yet. When I was shaving that area, it seemed like I never ran out of hairs to cut. Now, however, there's only a few spots on my face that actually do feel smooth as a baby's bottom and that's one of them.

I've only been wetshaving for about a week and a half with a Feather Portable, and I've used Feather blades, Derby's, and Gillette Swedes. The only thing that works on my tough chin growth is the Feather.

For the jawline, try pulling the skin up some then do a WTG pass (for me this is from chin to ear) and then an angled ATG pass meaning that the blade isn't totally ATG. Around the chin, I find that if I purse my lips or if I wrap my lips over my teeth, that forces the front chin hairs up. For the underneath, I end up doing four passes, WTG, XTG (Left to Right, Right to Left) and ATG. This pretty much gets 99% of the hair.

Tried again today with the 38C and Feather blades. My shave was much closer today. I got a couple small weepers and boy they aren't kidding about how sharp those blades are. However, it took care of the chin and neck much better than before with the Merkur blades. Before I could do pass after pass and still find uncut hairs. This time, they didn't stand a chance. ^__^

Making the "fat bullfrog face" like it mantic's video seems to work well for me with the hairs under the chin and jaw.

Top Bottom