What's new

Designer VS Shave scented cologne

Both TOBS and T&H (other too) offer cologne versions of their aftershaves.

How many of you out there use their colognes in addition to, or rather than designer brands such as Prada, AdP, Gucci, etc....

Do you feel they're as good (in regards to scent and lasting power) as the designer brands.

As a personal notes, some of the shave scented colognes do indeed smell like glorified aftershave. That's an actual comment I got in regards to wearing T&H Grafton. Others are more modern "designer like" scents such as TOBS Eton College or T&H 1805.

What do you think??

I personally feel I have a nice mixture of houses in my current rotation - Dunhill, Floris, Penhaligons and T&H. Two (for me) high end houses, a shave scented and a designer. This wasn't by design though, as I just picked the frags I liked that suited my mood.
I think oftentimes that shave-house colognes are mostly a little better made and a little more interesting than most designer frags, but they don't have the longevity that the designer scents have. They also don't have that "hey, you're wearing xxx! I love that!" vibe that, say, Armani or Prada have. Whether that's a good or bad thing, I don't know.

Basically... I try not to think about it too much or worry about it and i'm sitting on the fence!

One thing I will add... with the exception of Cool Water and maybe Polo Blue, i'm yet to try a designer AS splash that was really decent in the way Old Spice, Harris or TOBS splashes are.

Top Bottom