What's new

Hot lather is awesome

Today things just really clicked and I got my first really good & hot lather.

OH WOW! :w00t:

Can't wait for my scuttle to get here so it'll help give me that hot lather every day. Man, is there any better way to start the day?

I get why everyone raves about it now.

Last edited:
Today things just really clicked and I got my first really good & hot lather.

OH WOW! :w00t:

Can't wait for my scuttle to get here so it'll help give me that hot lather every day. Man, is there any better way to start the day?

I get why every raves about it now.

It is pretty incredible isn't it? Just makes me want my Dirty Bird that much more, can't wait for it to get here!

I have been using an over sized coffee mug and today I got the bright idea of not only filling it with hot water before I showered, but setting it in the sink and filling the sink with hot water too! Kind of like a mega-scuttle. It was an "oh duh" moment for me.

I let the brush soak in the mug, in the sink and showered. I used C.O. Bigelow/Proraso cream - dripping really hot water in as needed - and I whipped it longer than normal to get nice, meringue-y peaks.

When I slopped it on my puss...wow! Hot lather. Totally awesome stuff! :thumbup1:

I have yet to enjoy the awesomeness of a hot lather. I just can't seem to keep my bowl warm enough. Still working on it....

I received my first scuttle yesterday(thanks B&B B/S/T) and decided to shave last night with it. WOW!!!!! I believe I have just found the holy grail of shaving equipment.

+1 on hot lather. I do the bowl in basin of hot water thing until I get a scuttle ... which may be awhile, SWMBO requires baby steps, especially as our bathroom is very small. :frown:

Anyone remember the days where you were offered a hot towel on the airplane? Maybe they still do it in business or first class, but it used to be standard for all classes. Ah, I loved that. It would be a kick to break out the shave gear after the towel treatment!

I'm lucky that SWMBO has her own bathroom. So I'm free to clutter my space up as much as I want.

She does look at me funny when the mailman keeps bringing box after box to the door though. :lol:

I think I'm getting close to testing her patience with new stuff. Time to lay low for a few weeks.

The bad news is you'll never be able to go back. Since getting my scuttled I've shaved a few times without, mainly when traveling.

It makes me feel like a dirty hobo when I shave with cold lather.

When I got my scuttle and used it for the first time it really kicked my shaving experience up a notch. Before the scuttle I could get one good warm pass from my shaving bowl. With the scuttle, my lather stays warm for a 4 pass shave. There's nothing like it.

I do not own a Scuttle but I use a 2 quart Crock Pot, that I set to high while I am showering and then to warm *I have 3 heat settings low high and warm*, as I am building my lather, set my bowl in the crockpot w/ water.. Nice and hot lather each pass!

I'm using a mug warmer to set my mug / bowl on. It is sooooo much better than keeping them submerged in hot water. And, less expensive than a scuttle so far - but not quite as cool.... :smile:

I may do a scuttle anyways just cuz... :cool:

I have yet to enjoy the awesomeness of a hot lather. I just can't seem to keep my bowl warm enough. Still working on it....

+1 on hot lather. I do the bowl in basin of hot water thing until I get a scuttle ... which may be awhile.

I do not own a Scuttle but I use a 2 quart Crock Pot, that I set to high while I am showering and then to warm *I have 3 heat settings low high and warm*, as I am building my lather, set my bowl in the crockpot w/ water.. Nice and hot lather each pass!

For those non-scuttle owners, check out this thread. I use an electronic chocolate warmer (picture on Page 2 of the thread). I set it on low, shower and then lather in the warm removable bowl and YYUUMMMmmm. That heat really releases the scent of my shave creams and soaps. It stays consistently warm, cleans up and stores easily and it was inexpensive.

I have a couple other scuttles, but my "Atomic Scuttle" is my favorite.

Enjoy!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
+1 Hot lather is awesome. I on superlather now as showned by Mantic... In my case I keep the water in the sink but I have to be careful went I put my freshly made lather bowl back in the sink so it doesn't overflow and drown... I tried it cold and nah, no good... Cheers, Luc

For those non-scuttle owners, check out this thread. I use an electronic chocolate warmer (picture on Page 2 of the thread). I set it on low, shower and then lather in the warm removable bowl and YYUUMMMmmm. That heat really releases the scent of my shave creams and soaps. It stays consistently warm, cleans up and stores easily and it was inexpensive.

I have a couple other scuttles, but my "Atomic Scuttle" is my favorite.

Enjoy!
Looks like an awesome method. Unfortunately I am living in a college dorm right now, no plugs in the bathrooms. So looks like that method is out for me too:frown: However, I can usually get some scorching hot water straight from the sink. I just need to figure out a way to keep it in the sink basin. No stop valves:confused:

Top Bottom