What's new

USPS Delivery Time

Has anyone here who is from outside of the US ordered stuff from WestCoastShaving? I know my order was shipped the next day on Jan 8 using USPS. Just wondering how long it will take to get to me in Singapore. Can't get much info from the USPS site.

As a comparison, I ordered some items from the English Shaving Company on Jan 14. Even though they did not notify me that they had shipped my order, I received the items today.

It all depends how it was shipped. USPS says Priority Mail International can take 6 - 10 days. First Class International 'varies.' I have shipped (and received) stuff to/from other countries that took 2 - 3 weeks.

I would wait another week before you file a complaint with the merchant.

its usually a crapshoot on usps items in the CONuS.

I am in dayton and it has been 3 days since an item was shipped from cleveland i'm still waiting for:(

On the other hand items shipped from usps from westcoastshaving have arrived here in 3 or 4 days before.

its usually a crapshoot on usps items in the CONuS.

I am in dayton and it has been 3 days since an item was shipped from cleveland i'm still waiting for:(

On the other hand items shipped from usps from westcoastshaving have arrived here in 3 or 4 days before.

Well at least nowadays the items do get delivered....eventually :lol:

Unless I'm mistaken, they offer options priced according to the desire of the customer. You can have guaranteed immediate, if you don't mind paying for it, or you can have the cheapest and slowest. Normally something going halfway around the world, by the cheapest means possible, will probably take 10 days to 3 weeks, on an average.

It has little to do with USPS. It would leave the U.S in a few days depending on how it was shipped however once it leaves the U.S it is out of the USPS hands and is at the mercy of foreign postal services.

I really wish WCS would use either UPS or Fedex, and not use the USPS at all. I can't stand the tracking status the USPS gives you, which is basically nothing. I know UPS and Fedex would probably cost a little more, but to me it's worth it considering they give you very detailed tracking info. For example, I placed an order with WCS about two weeks ago. I received an email from them stating that my order had shipped on Jan 19th, however the tracking status listed on the USPS says they are still waiting for the package from the shipper. It's a wonder USPS stays in business with the crappy way they operate compared to UPS and Fedex.

I really wish WCS would use either UPS or Fedex, and not use the USPS at all. I can't stand the tracking status the USPS gives you, which is basically nothing. I know UPS and Fedex would probably cost a little more, but to me it's worth it considering they give you very detailed tracking info. For example, I placed an order with WCS about two weeks ago. I received an email from them stating that my order had shipped on Jan 19th, however the tracking status listed on the USPS says they are still waiting for the package from the shipper. It's a wonder USPS stays in business with the crappy way they operate compared to UPS and Fedex.

They stay in business because they're cheaper than UPS and FedEx and deliver to more places.

I live in Canada and if anything I order from the US comes via UPS it automatically creates a cost for me to pick it up; UPS loves to collect their $25 brokerage fees plus customs charges. A $20 tool cost me another $40 to pick up, and this doesn't include shipping. My parents don't live in a city and none of the carriers ship to PO boxes (as far as I've seen) so being able to receive things shipped via USPS, while inconvenient, beats not being able to receive them at all.

Maybe things are different within the US, but I'd take USPS over Canada Post any day. :biggrin:

Here's what USPS has to say about my package which was delivered yesterday.

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 8, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

:lol:

I agree that you get pretty lame tracking info with USPS, but they are the only carrier that consistently delivers packages on time, without any sketchy crap. UPS and Fedex have both forged signatures, and said that my packages were delivered, without actually delivering anything. I mean they seriously signed the thing and changed the status to delivered, and stated that it was dropped off at the leasing office at my apartment. The thing was, with both occasions, my apartment complex is closed at 6, and it said the package was delivered around midnight:001_rolle C'mon...

The next day the leasing office had no package of mine. I had to contact the vendor I bought the stuff from and ask them to contact the carrier. Two or three days later, was when the stuff actually arrived. Pretty shady.

Therefore, I hate UPS and Fedex, and prefer USPS. I've never had problems with them.

Here's what USPS has to say about my package which was delivered yesterday.

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 8, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

:lol:

Their tracking status is such a joke, they'd be better off not posting a status at all. I'm in the business of providing data to the public and our motto is; no data is better than incorrect data. USPS needs to get their tracking info chit together!

Ah well....at least they delivered my package. I think 2 weeks is quite reasonable. I don't mind if WCS continues using USPS actually as long as the package arrives. :rolleyes:

I agree that you get pretty lame tracking info with USPS, but they are the only carrier that consistently delivers packages on time, without any sketchy crap. UPS and Fedex have both forged signatures, and said that my packages were delivered, without actually delivering anything. I mean they seriously signed the thing and changed the status to delivered, and stated that it was dropped off at the leasing office at my apartment. The thing was, with both occasions, my apartment complex is closed at 6, and it said the package was delivered around midnight:001_rolle C'mon...

The next day the leasing office had no package of mine. I had to contact the vendor I bought the stuff from and ask them to contact the carrier. Two or three days later, was when the stuff actually arrived. Pretty shady.

Therefore, I hate UPS and Fedex, and prefer USPS. I've never had problems with them.

In my 30+ years of using USPS, UPS, and Fedex I've only had one issue with UPS whereas they delivered a package to the wrong address. I got it the next day. On the other hand I've had several issues with the USPS, not receiving/delivering packages and/or envelopes.

In my 30+ years of using USPS, UPS, and Fedex I've only had one issue with UPS whereas they delivered a package to the wrong address. I got it the next day. On the other hand I've had several issues with the USPS, not receiving/delivering packages and/or envelopes.

YMMV?:confused:

Top Bottom