What's new

Fine Bed Sheets

Any favorite brands of bed sheets? Our favorite brand was discontinued a number years ago and we've been through a number of top-end brands lately and have been very dissapointed.

Any favorite brands of bed sheets?

Hi John,

I posted this before but it's a good reason to share this again.

Sleeping on wool (read my full post) literally transformed the way I sleep. I wish I had discovered DE shaving and wool beddings earlier in my life. I was missing out on the good stuff for waaay tooo looong.

As for the brands, I don't know any brands available to US customers. But my wool bed sheet (or mattresse pad or cover or whatchya wanna call it) cost me like $25. I guess any brand will do. The whole set was like $80.

I know that pushing the theories that wool is better sounds like I'm making money on it but really, you have to try it to believe it. It's a totally different EXPERIENCE for me. It's like comparing DE and cartridge shaving. Light years apart.

This week I had a dream about Schick NOS injector blades being available locally... :lol:

I really hope this helps :smile:.

I've got some 300 thread count JC Penney sheets. I can't say as I really enjoy them cause, well, I am asleep when I use them. :biggrin:

The wool bed sheets look interesting.

maybe not the very finest or super high-end, but we've found anything from calvin klein home collection and also macy's hotel collection to be both comfortable and stylish. both can be found at macy's for very reasonable prices when on sale.

We've tried the Calvin Klein bedding a few years back, stylish and comfortable, but didn't hold up well.

I really like Bellino; not necessarily cheap (at all) but OMG are they heavenly. I like 200-300 thread count, finding anything higher just too thick.

Target, about 2 years ago, had 800 count sheets on blowout so we picked a set up. Those are the best sheets I have used, hands down. I like the high thread count, slightly heavy with nice hand sheets. Flannel and thin cotton don't do it. Everytime we are back in Target I check the area, but they have only the 600 count sheets in that brand which are definitely not the same thing. Anyone have any experience with the Hotel brand? That seems most similar to what I picked up.

Here's something to try while the weather is still cold - flannel sheets. They feel warm from the moment you slip under the covers. We had to take the heating blanket off the bed. It was just too much. My wife got ours at Target. Inexpensive and wonderfully luxurious. Give it a try.

Our last few sets have been from Restoration Hardware and they seem to be holding up well. I have no idea what expensive is, but I think it is safe to say it isn't cheap.

I have a family friend who used to have a linens and domestics shop. She's retired now but trades on line and craft shows and such, and occasionaly hooks me up. I like the Le Telerie Toscane, Bellino, and Martouk.

I find the Italian/Portuguese /Swiss loomed egyptian cotton, even at a lower thread count preferable to some of that gimmicky high thread count other stuff. After seven, eight washes you won't put your foot through a worn bed sheet whose soft because they're frail 1000 counted tiny fibers.

Doesn't get any better than Anichini. I don't buy them online so I posted the link below where you can find retail stores.

http://www.anichini.com/retail-stores

There's an Anichini outlet on Rt 4, on the east side of the river in Lebanon NH/ White River Junction VT, right off the I-89/91 junction. for anybody passing in that area.

I like MARRIKAS 600tc I have gotten from Amazon, they also have 1000tc but they are quite a bit more pricey, they hold up real good and fit mattresses that are extra thick too.

I would pay attention to the thread count. Anything 600 or above will provide silk-like comfort and lasting quality you will appreciate for years to come.

Here's something to try while the weather is still cold - flannel sheets. They feel warm from the moment you slip under the covers. We had to take the heating blanket off the bed. It was just too much. My wife got ours at Target. Inexpensive and wonderfully luxurious. Give it a try.

+1

I love flannel sheets. Not exactly luxurious, but very comfortable and warm.

I think I need to pick some more up since I think I wore all mine out!

Top Bottom