What's new

Sisal

I occasionally use a sisal cloth to wash my body with and my skin feels refreshed afterwards but im curious if I were to use this daily instead of a once or twice a week treat if it would be to much on my skin.

gage0921 said:
I occasionally use a sisal cloth to wash my body with and my skin feels refreshed afterwards but im curious if I were to use this daily instead of a once or twice a week treat if it would be to much on my skin.
The underlying issue is do you seem to be irritating your skin? I know some folks who use a loufah everyday with no ill effects. Others once of twice a week. Does your sisal come from Yucatan?:001_huh:

guenron said:
The underlying issue is do you seem to be irritating your skin? I know some folks who use a loufah everyday with no ill effects. Others once of twice a week. Does your sisal come from Yucatan?:001_huh:

My sisal came from classic shaving...lol, im not sure were its from honestly. It doesnt seem to be irritating my skin.

gage0921 said:
My sisal came from classic shaving...lol, im not sure were its from honestly. It doesnt seem to be irritating my skin.
Based on my experience with a loufah, fine grain, no more than thirce weekly. YMMV though because of the sisal quality and your skin. I just started using some Provence Santé Verlain Men's soap with seaweed bits in it. It will exfoliate your body very nicely, especially when rubbed on directly. I have lathered and used the lather on my face. Not only no bad effects, it is rather pleasant and I notice a certain ruddy tone after use.:blushing:
Note: At one time sisal from Yucatan was purported to be the best.

roughrider said:
I use the scrubbing gloves on my face lightly when I am in the shower and I get very good results.

I have been using the cloth to exfoliate my face for a while instead of scrubs...not only do I have to exfoliate less than with scrubs my face feels alot better.

My main reason for asking was when I travel its a pita to carry a sisal cloth and regular cloth.

gage0921 said:
I have been using the cloth to exfoliate my face for a while instead of scrubs...not only do I have to exfoliate less than with scrubs my face feels alot better.

My main reason for asking was when I travel its a pita to carry a sisal cloth and regular cloth.
Hey Sean,
You may wish to look here and here on occasion.

Top Bottom