Thread: Sisal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

How harsh is the sisal cloth? How does it compare to a loufa or the scrubbing gloves?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Images

Do you feel that more exfoliation is necessary?

-Nick

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Images

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by gage0921
    I occasionally use a sisal cloth to wash my body with and my skin feels refreshed afterwards but im curious if I were to use this daily instead of a once or twice a week treat if it would be to much on my skin.
    The underlying issue is do you seem to be irritating your skin? I know some folks who use a loufah everyday with no ill effects. Others once of twice a week. Does your sisal come from Yucatan?
    Best regards,
    Ron
    vita non est vivere sed valere vita est

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by guenron
    The underlying issue is do you seem to be irritating your skin? I know some folks who use a loufah everyday with no ill effects. Others once of twice a week. Does your sisal come from Yucatan?

My sisal came from classic shaving...lol, im not sure were its from honestly. It doesnt seem to be irritating my skin.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Images

Thumbs up

My sisal came from classic shaving...lol, im not sure were its from honestly. It doesnt seem to be irritating my skin.
    Based on my experience with a loufah, fine grain, no more than thirce weekly. YMMV though because of the sisal quality and your skin. I just started using some Provence Santé Verlain Men's soap with seaweed bits in it. It will exfoliate your body very nicely, especially when rubbed on directly. I have lathered and used the lather on my face. Not only no bad effects, it is rather pleasant and I notice a certain ruddy tone after use.
    Note: At one time sisal from Yucatan was purported to be the best.
    Best regards,
    Ron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

I use the scrubbing gloves on my face lightly when I am in the shower and I get very good results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by roughrider
    I use the scrubbing gloves on my face lightly when I am in the shower and I get very good results.
    I have been using the cloth to exfoliate my face for a while instead of scrubs...not only do I have to exfoliate less than with scrubs my face feels alot better.

My main reason for asking was when I travel its a pita to carry a sisal cloth and regular cloth.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Images

Smile

I have been using the cloth to exfoliate my face for a while instead of scrubs...not only do I have to exfoliate less than with scrubs my face feels alot better.

My main reason for asking was when I travel its a pita to carry a sisal cloth and regular cloth.
    Hey Sean,
    You may wish to look here and here on occasion.
    Best regards,
    Ron