What's new

Finally smelled some Creeds

If you like Bois du Portugal, try New York by Parfums De Nicolai. Very similar yet more interesting. But that reflects my bias - I find Creeds, with an exception or two, to be over-rated and over-priced.

If you like Bois du Portugal, try New York by Parfums De Nicolai. Very similar yet more interesting. But that reflects my bias - I find Creeds, with an exception or two, to be over-rated and over-priced.
Word.
Also, if you like BdP, you should try Heritage by Guerlain. I got my bottle for 20 USD, and it leaves good ol' BdP in the dust.

+1 on the Heritage.

I finally got some because I wanted the big 4 Guerlain lineup (Vetiver, L'Instant Homme, Heritage, Habit Rouge) and I do smell the similarity to BdP.

A poster on basenotes said that he won't compromise. If he likes a fragrance, that's what he wants and life's too short to settle for less.

I totally agree with that. Luckily for me, my nose isn't subtle enough to rate BdP ten times better than Heritage (in line with the price difference).

I do still want to try a New York decant from Rorschuck though. It's going to have to stay on the wish list a while, I've been spending lately....

Top Bottom