What's new

Drawn back to creams.....

For a while, I was almost an exclusive soap user. However, I recently have acquired several good creams TOBS Rose, AOS Lemon, T&H Almond (not to mention Proraso/Bigelow), and I started pulling out the creams more often.

Man, I have to say, I didn't know what I was missing--I miss the ease of use, the thick, rich lather, and the absolutely insane amount you get from a relatively conservative amount of product.

I might have been won back over to the cream side.....the soaps I have are still great, and make good lather, but I find it a lot easier to make a consistent lather with creams and bowl lathering.

Tabac, MWF, (if you can master the lathering process) and Cella (soft soap) are the only soaps I currently have, and look forward to using regularly. I've recently learned that I don't care for the C&E soaps, I had Nomad and sold it, I had L'Occitane Cade, and sold it, and I also had the French soap Durance L'Ome, and sold it. I even had T&H Luxury and had to sell it because I got the same reaction, they're just not my cup of tea, even though many guys really enjoy them, and that is what makes the world go around, isn't it? Anyway, the point here is that I personally just enjoy the process of shaving with the creams more than the soap. What else can I say?

Last edited:
Tabac, MWF, (if you can master the lathering process) and Cella (soft soap) are the only soaps I currently have, and look forward to using regularly. I've recently learned that I don't care for the C&E soaps, I had Nomad and sold it, I had L'Occitane Cade, and sold it, and I also had the French soap Durance L'Ome, and sold it. I even had T&H Luxury and had to sell it because I got the same reaction, they're just not my cup of tea, even though many guys really enjoy them, and that is what makes the world go around, isn't it? Anyway, the point here is that I personally just enjoy the process of shaving with the creams more than the soap. What else can I say?

I may fall into the same category.......and if I may say so (I think I've said this before), still love the avatar. Val Kilmer's Doc Holiday is my favorite character in that movie by far.

I really enjoy using creams and lathering in a bowl but really like glycerin soaps for the slickness and moisturizing ability. I recently came across a thread saying add a few drops of glycerin(bought at Wal-Mart) to your lather. All I can say is WOW! Just a few drops and the lather turns into the slickest and lubricates like no other. After the shave my skin has never felt better.

Creams for me this winter as well.

I was pretty much all soap until mid November, it has pretty much been 90% creams since. It seems I can only use soap for a couple of days at the most before my face complains regardless of my pre or after shave routines.

My new appreciation for creams has been backed up with 6 in rotation where I only had 2 before, I really enjoy them all.

I use both - I generally use mostly soaps (hard soaps or sticks primarily, with a preference for stuff with some tallow), but just got a bunch of TOBS creams and some JM Fraser Polar Ice cream and have found creams creeping into the rotation more frequently.

While I really enjoy my creams lathered in a bowl and kept warm in the sink, I often just put a dollop onto my brush and face lather with them.

Top Bottom