What's new

Where to buy Baxter's ASB

Howdy Folks,

Where is the best place to purchase Baxter's after shave?

I just tried a sample from Scotto and this stuff is outstanding! Tingly if you weren't careful enough during the shave but then cooling and extremely soothing. With the cooler weather coming it will fit the bill perfectly.

Thanks for the leads!

If you go to the Baxter website, there is a search feature to look for retailers. Otherwise, if there is not one in your neck of the woods, I would order from Charles at QED.

-Mo

Ditto on the QED - that's where I got mine.

You can also order a bunch of other stuff at the same time, which makes it worth the shipping (spending money to save money!).

Oh, I don't need any convincing to try the impeccable service of Charles at QED. However, I do need to add another few items to the plate to justify the shipping.

Thanks, guys!

Are you kidding me ??!!

HOW much do you want to spend ?

Ok.
Tabac SOAP !! and EdC....!
Any of the QED soaps...
Merkur Slant razor...
Savile Row brush...

Are YOU kidding me ??:w00t:

(BTW, make sure to call. The man is a delight to chat with. Avoid the website. JM2cW !)

Frank,

As for the other items. I just ordered TABAC soap from him - it is supposed to be really fantastic stuff. So that might be something. Also, if you are ordering from him, you owe it to yourself to get either a stick or tub of his soap. I am a huge fan of the Sandlewood, if you like sandlewoods, or don't know and are curious what it smells like. Also, if there is something you want to try, and you cannot find it on his webpage, it doesn't hurt to ask. He does carry other stuff. For example, I got Pacific Shave Oil from him, which is nowhere on the webpage.

-Mo

I second the Tabac and QED soaps - I really like the shave sticks and the sandalwood is amazing! (But I think he's out and looking for a new supplier for sandalwood EO that he uses). Other good flavours are the lavender, bay rum (but it can burn if you have sensitive skin), bergamot and the mocha java has gotten some good reviews (likely in my next order).

Also, Charles has just released an after shave skin conditioner that I've used for a couple of weeks and like very much.

In short, if you can't find something to buy from Charles, you really aren't trying too hard!

Thanks for the ideas, at least for the moment I'm thanking you... :wink:.

I didn't mean to imply that I couldn't find other items of interest, it's just for the moment I don't need to be actively seeking them out.

(However, it appears that seeking an attitude of restraint on this board is a bit of a fool's errand :biggrin:.

Frank7580 said:
Thanks for the ideas, at least for the moment I'm thanking you... :wink:.

I didn't mean to imply that I couldn't find other items of interest, it's just for the moment I don't need to be actively seeking them out.

(However, it appears that seeking an attitude of restraint on this board is a bit of a fool's errand :biggrin:.

Silly boy, NEED does not factor into the equation.

That's why I have more soap/cream than I could use in a lifetime, more brushes than I could ever need, about 2 dozen razors (DE, GEM, Injectors), not to mention something like 500 blades (I'm not bragging, as my collection pales in comparison to that of many members!).

Suzuki said:
Silly boy, NEED does not factor into the equation.

That's why I have more soap/cream than I could use in a lifetime, more brushes than I could ever need, about 2 dozen razors (DE, GEM, Injectors), not to mention something like 500 blades (I'm not bragging, as my collection pales in comparison to that of many members!).

DUDE ...
You're SICK !!

and BTW, in case you didnt know, "SICK" in today's adolescent lingo means "COOL".:cool:
I just found this out a few months ago. Totally awesome.

rikrdo said:
DUDE ...
You're SICK !!

and BTW, in case you didnt know, "SICK" in today's adolescent lingo means "COOL".:cool:
I just found this out a few months ago. Totally awesome.

My wife would say SICK in the conventional sense:biggrin:

I have a problem. WHAT DO I SHAVE WITH TONIGHT?!?!?!

I just got a package from QED.

Lime soap. Bay Rum soap. Lavender soap. TABAC soap. HELP ME. I am confused and don't know what to do. Not sure how to pass over any of these....

Helpfully it will be cleaner and less bloody than last night's Artist Club shave.

-Mo

Hey Moses,

I vote for the tabac. This has been on my consideration list for some time and while many others have expressed nothing but praise, I'd enjoy hearing your impressions of the efficacy, moisturizing properties and scent.

But hey, worse case scenario, you would still try this in four days or so :biggrin: .

moses said:
I have a problem. WHAT DO I SHAVE WITH TONIGHT?!?!?!

I just got a package from QED.

Lime soap. Bay Rum soap. Lavender soap. TABAC soap. HELP ME. I am confused and don't know what to do. Not sure how to pass over any of these....

Helpfully it will be cleaner and less bloody than last night's Artist Club shave.

-Mo

You won't go wrong with the bay rum, lavender or tabac - my vote goes to the lavender, which is one of my favourite scents.

FYI, the bay rum can be a little irritating - my face is always a little warm/tingly after I use it. Great scent though!

Have fun deciding.

Yeah, I heard that about the Bay Rum. I was even a little hesitant ordering - Charles suggested something else instead - because of a recent experience with Mama Bear Beau Brummel (great stuff, and I think only two of us have every had a problem - I strongly suggest trying it, if a really warm spicy smell appeals to you. Ideal for those cold winter days when you just want to sit by the fire with a good book and a snifter of cognac, or mug of hot cider. But I digress). I decided to try it anyway.

Now I have limited experience with Bay Rum. But I was surprised this has the same name as the Honeybee Bay Rum. They are not remotely close. I love the Honeybee, and the QED is very fast growing on me. They are SO different, though. Makes me want to get one each of every other Bay Rum product out there.....

-Mo

PS - I am leaning toward TABAC. Mostly because it is the most interesting to me. I already know exactly how the QEDs will shave, but the TABAC remains a mystery in that department.

Well the Sandalwood is now in and winging its way to me. I'll decide what to shave with over some lovely tea, which is also in the box (and some Skin Food...). :tongue:

Dennis

moses said:
PS - I am leaning toward TABAC. Mostly because it is the most interesting to me. I already know exactly how the QEDs will shave, but the TABAC remains a mystery in that department.

Then definitely go with the TABAC - fantastic stuff - especially if you like the scent.

Let us know how you like it.

Top Bottom