What's new

CO Bigelow (Proraso) on Sale at Bath and Body Works

FYI

CO Bigelow (Proraso) creams (and other CO Bigelow products) are on sale at Bath and Body Works. Buy one get one half off. I grabbed a big bottle of shaving cream and the Blue Elixir AS.

I've only used shaving soaps. Can anyone give me a quick rundown of how to get good lather with this cream? For an almond size amount, how much water should I add?

FYI

CO Bigelow (Proraso) creams (and other CO Bigelow products) are on sale at Bath and Body Works. Buy one get one half off. I grabbed a big bottle of shaving cream and the Blue Elixir AS.

I've only used shaving soaps. Can anyone give me a quick rundown of how to get good lather with this cream? For an almond size amount, how much water should I add?

Start off with only the remaining water in your brush (after you shake out the excess). Then you can add a drop or two as you need it. The Bigelow is good stuff and at the deal you got you don't even need to try and be conservative.

"Big bottle of shaving cream?"

I'm confused.

C. O. Bigelow SC made by Proraso comes in a metal tube, not a bottle. The blue, green, etc. lines have a foaming shaving cream, like this

proxy.php

but the Bigelow/Proraso looks like this:

proxy.php

Which did you get?

If you got the latter, try this: put about 1"-1.5" of cream in the bottom of your lather bowl. Take your brush, which you have soaked in hot water, shake out the excess water, and begin to stir the cream to start building a lather. Add water, about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon at a time, and keep working the cream with the brush until you develop the lather to the right slickness and thickness you want.

Watch Mantic's videos on building a lather with creams to get the idea.

Taking advantage of this.. Going out to pick up some cream tonight and will likely grab another bottle of the Elixir Black cologne as well (maybe some green too)..

Just used CE Bigelow for the first time and...

WOW!!!

I'm a believer!

Yup, me too...picked up two tubes yesterday, and face lathered (also for the first time) with it...got a great shave, and really enjoyed the menthol effect. I didn't think I'd like the scent, but once I tried it, this may become my "every day" shave. I'll save the TOBS lemon and lime for the weekends, and the TOBS Avocado when I'm feeling "delicate", lol.

Has anyone used their aftershaves? Could i buy a tube of shaving cream and get aftershave half off?

I use their Green Elixer ASB pretty regularly. I love all of them, but only have the Green right now. I took advantage of a similar deal at Christmas to buy two tubes of the cream. I imagine that you could buy the big tube and the AS half off (the bottle of ASB that I purchased cost the same as the large tube of cream).

PS. BTW Slartibartfast does your name matter? (sorry, couldn't resist the joke)

Stopped by and picked up two bottles of cologne (Black & Green) and two large tubes of the shave cream..

proxy.php

Should be set for a while.. :cool:

I went and picked up the big tube of shaving cream and a bottle of the green body spray yesterday. I am going to use the shaving cream soon but I put it off last night because I am still trying out some different blades and trying to find one I really like while trying to control the variables by just using KMF.

J.

Went into the Bath and Body Works at the local mall here, and they didn't have any male products. The store only had all the body lotions, perfumes, bath soaps... No shaving creams, no mens colognes, nothing... Was very dissapointing...

I just got back from my shave product scavenger hunt and the B&BW closest to me was out of all cream except for one of the small tubes. Boy, they are small. Thankfully I only paid $2.50 for it. And I get to see how I like the Black ASB.

Picked up a large tube of Bigelow Cream and a green ASB. I also picked up a small tube of cream that I thought would be good for travel. I love Proraso but have only used the soap. I could resist.

Top Bottom