What's new

Going to Europe

I just found out my mother in law is going to Europe. She is going to Italy, Belgium, Netherlands. Some other places to I think. She is leaving tomorrow. What should I tell her to get for me? If there is anything at all. Thank you.

The usual:

Palmolive Cream (different than the states one I've heard)
Kruidvat shaving soap (cheap and wonderfull)
The vergulde hand shaving soap (some people like it a lot)
TABAC soap
TABAC Cream

The first three will be available at a drugstore called "Kruidvat" in the Netherlands. The latter two either at one called "DA drogisterij" or "ETOS".

Offcourse TABAC cologne/aftershave/EDT/AS Balsam are al available at the same store as the soap and cream usually.

In Brussels, near Central Station and the Grand Place/Grote Markt, there is a lovely little shop 'Au Grand Rasoir' in the rue de l'hôpital/gasthuisstraat. They have a selection of razors, creams and brushes (a.o. Simpson).
Very friendly shopkeeper. Speaks French and Dutch and (presumably) English.

In my truly gorgeous hometown of Antwerp :)001_wub:) there are two shops in the Langegasthuisstraat. 1° Koordenwinkel ('the rope shop'): merkur, proraso, plisson, dovo, Thiers-Issard, Cella, etc.
2° The Stuart House: C&E and trumpers (cream, soap, cologne, AS, skin food, shampoo, etc.) Edwin Jagger brushes as well. Fine teas, Scotch, preserves,...

Nearby, in the Schuttershofstraat, there is Necessities (high-end perfumery: Penhaligons, Floris, Trumpers, Creed, ...)
Same street: Water'leau: Acca Kappa and Acqua di Parma (full range).

Alex, I think European Palmolive is very good, even better than the American kind, and De Vergulde Hand soap is a delight. The Kruidvat is a soap I never heard of, but I'm sure it's good as well.

Jeff

Lvis said:
I just found out my mother in law is going to Europe. She is going to Italy, Belgium, Netherlands. Some other places to I think. She is leaving tomorrow. What should I tell her to get for me? If there is anything at all. Thank you.

From Italy : Italian Floid Aftershave

Palmolive
Nivea
Tabac (although it may actually be cheaper to order from QED)

I second the recommendation to go to Au Grand Razoir - a great little shop that sells Jager, Plisson and Simpson brushes, as well as Plisson and Coates, among a host of other shaving gear.

Suzuki said:
Palmolive
Nivea
Tabac (although it may actually be cheaper to order from QED)

I second the recommendation to go to Au Grand Razoir - a great little shop that sells Jager, Plisson and Simpson brushes, as well as Plisson and Coates, among a host of other shaving gear.

I believe The London Times voted it as one of the 100 best shops in Europe.

Top Bottom