What's new

T&H Trafalgar Scent

Does the Trafalgar cologne smell just like the shave cream and AS balm? I was reading about it in the reviews section and many called it a woodsy scent but I don't detect a bit of woodsy in the cream or balm. To me it smells spicy and citrusy, although I find it very complex and hard to describe. I just want to make sure it smells as good as the cream before I buy a bottle.

I have never smelled the cream or the after shave. However, the cologne smells great for a little while, and then turns to me smelling like pencil shavings. So, yes, it gets kind of woody. At least on me. Unfortunate really, because until that point I love it.

Does the Trafalgar cologne smell just like the shave cream and AS balm? I was reading about it in the reviews section and many called it a woodsy scent but I don't detect a bit of woodsy in the cream or balm. To me it smells spicy and citrusy, although I find it very complex and hard to describe. I just want to make sure it smells as good as the cream before I buy a bottle.

yeah for the most part. The cologne is a bit woodier than the cream. But still very close. I'd think if you like the cream, you'd like the cologne. But it doesn't have great staying power.

You can get a free sample pack of T&H colognes just by writing to them. Do a search here and you should find the email address of the woman who handles the sample packs.

I tried the Trafalgar sample and it smelled *familiar*. It wasn't until later in the day that I figured it out - it smells like concentrated Earl Grey tea! Take a whiff of it next time, you'll see. :biggrin: It isn't just the cologne that changes scent after a while, the aftershave balm does too.

That said I much prefer the 1805 and Grafton as a runner up.

I'm wearing the cologne and the ASB today, and to my nose they (and the splash) smell exactly the same. I don't have the cream though (yet).

I tried the Trafalgar sample and it smelled *familiar*. It wasn't until later in the day that I figured it out - it smells like concentrated Earl Grey tea! Take a whiff of it next time, you'll see. :biggrin: It isn't just the cologne that changes scent after a while, the aftershave balm does too.

That said I much prefer the 1805 and Grafton as a runner up.

Well what gives earl gray that scent is bergamot. If you like that, consider QED Bergamot soap =)

Personally I like 1805, Freshman, and Spanish leather from T&H.

They smell more or less the same. The scent, by the way, is jasmine, with cedarwood and sandalwood as well.

Top Bottom