What's new

Do you have any hobbies that your friends just don't get?

Besides DE and straight edge shaving?

I have two, my firearms collection, and my Little British Car. If the weekend is nice, I can be found in the driveway, working on my little Spitfire, and working on getting it back in shape to be on the road.

I spend my days designing pills for a pharmaceutical company. An odd-job, but someone has to do it. Studying cosmetic science too.

So basically my hobbies are work, studying and reading.

I spend my days designing pills for a pharmaceutical company. An odd-job, but someone has to do it. Studying cosmetic science too.

So basically my hobbies are work, studying and reading.

That's an interesting line of work. Also, it seems like one of those ninja-jobs. You're there doing your thing, but nobody knows it. You affect the consumer, but nobody realizes just how much. What made you lock down on that as a discipline?

Music: A lot of what I listen to, most people just hear a strange jumble of noises that make no sense. Usually my relaxation music runs around 100-120bpm, but I throw in some classical to balance it out. heh

Hacking: Like, breaking (into) systems. It's not something I do outside my own domain without permission, but I find it so interesting how one can break a system or find a hole in it. I love the challenge of finding that one thing that's going to bend the system to my will. This isn't strictly limited to computers, mind you. I also try to find loopholes in rules, laws, etc. Just for the helluvit, really.

Making everything from scratch: If I could, I would smash two atoms together with my bare hands to see what happens. I love baking, cooking, building computers, writing business plans, it's all good. I especially love the challenge of building a completely secure system; it's my unattainable goal.

I also enjoy being as... interesting as possible on the Internet. :biggrin:

Morris Dancing

Try telling non morris friends that it's like a Rugby tour without the fighting but they don't understand...

Gareth

+1 most of my friends don't read for recreation at all.

Actually buying all of my movies and music on disc is another one people seem to think is odd, they all say why not just torrent it? I've given up arguing with them on that point.

Most of my friends don't understand how I can spend so much time in a record/CD store in this day and age. I Love it. I can spend hours flipping through racks. I'll pop into a shop when I walk by one while travelling. I'm constantly in search of the latest, greatest and most evil metal out there. Who the hell knows how much time I would disappear for if I get the opportunity to go to Sweden or Norway and find a good record store there. Oh the glory!!

Most of my friends don't understand how I can spend so much time in a record/CD store in this day and age. I Love it. I can spend hours flipping through racks. I'll pop into a shop when I walk by one while travelling. I'm constantly in search of the latest, greatest and most evil metal out there. Who the hell knows how much time I would disappear for if I get the opportunity to go to Sweden or Norway and find a good record store there. Oh the glory!!

I suffer from this blessing affliction as well, only when walking/driving past a motorsports shop. I could sit and daydream on shiny new motorcycles and dirtbikes all day long.

Top Bottom