What's new

English Shaving Company 50% discount

Yep, was just fooling around with this myself.
Even though not everything is in the 50% off sale, pretty much all the EJ stuff is 15% off - not to mention the 17.5% or so from VAT that comes off if you don't live in the EU.

I'm in the market for a EJ lined Chatsworth - as soon as I lose 20 pounds :mad3:

With this sale, they are about $89 shipped.
That should be even more motivation for me :blush:

I found the link but it didn't look like the lined Chatsworth was on sale, am I missing something?

I must be blind, when I follow the link on the homepage and find the lined chatsworth I don't see a sale price in red like some other items.

http://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/CLISR||@c@bEdwin Jagger|105|user||215|

Strange, I can see the red sale prize $94.61

Something I noticed. If you add the item to the cart before you entered the promotion code, it will still reflect the undiscounted price. I had to empty my cart and add the items again.

me too - every EJ razor is on sale

Are you entering the code/coupon and getting a confirmation?

I see it now, i had to do the activate the coupon thingy but the prices are the same, even if you do not use the coupon the prices displayed are all marked down.

You may want to confirm if it is cheaper to order in £ or US$. Here are the prices for the Chatsworth Lined DE razor using today's exchanges rates:

Price in US$ as listed
Was £70.00 US$113.30
Sale £59.50 US$94.61

Price in £ as listed converted to US$
Was £70.00 US$102.296
Sale £59.50 US$86.9244

Seems to be quite a substantial difference. I think they are taking into account exchange rate fluctuation.

Last edited:
Problem solved, I didn't activate the code (by not doing so it did show certain items on sale, just not the Chatsworth).

Thanks!!!

You may want to confirm if it is cheaper to order in £ or US$. Here are the prices for the Chatsworth Lined DE razor using today's exchanges rates:

Price in US$ as listed
Was £70.00 US$113.30
Sale £59.50 US$94.61

Price in £ as listed converted to US$
Was £70.00 US$102.296
Sale £59.50 US$86.9244

Seems to be quite a substantial difference. I think they are taking into account exchange rate fluctuation.
I noticed that too, if I use checkout in Dollars on their site its more than using Pounds and checking google for exchange rate. If Im in the US how do I order in Pounds, do I just checkout in pounds and my credit card does the exchange? Is it true it would be a few dollars cheaper this way?

Credit card company will do the currency exchage, but many/most will charge a small fee (1%-3%) and I'm not sure what exchange rate they use - date of sale, statement closing date, monthly average, etc.

If anyone wants to know I saved some money by checking out in British Pounds instead of Dollars. The total in BP converted to dollars by my credit card then 3% CC fee on top of that came to 55.83. If I would have checked out in dollars it would have been 61.42. Saved almost $6.

TESC site says they update the exchange rate daily, but I don't know why it was more. Hope someone else on a budget like mine finds this usefull. Oh and sale ends Feb 10th...

Top Bottom