What's new

Heribert Wacker Straight Razors

AandW said:
Hello All,

I am considering getting a 1/4 ground Spanish point straight from HERE. I have not decided on the exact model. I am actually more concerned with getting a 1/4 grind -or- wedge. So, are Heribert Wacker straights a good choice or are better options to be had in the 1/4 grind/wedge realm. Any opinions and help would be much appreciated.

Just as a heads up, I spoke with John C. today, and we chit chatted a bit - and he feels the 1/4 ground razors are the best he sells (shave wise) every bit as good as his $600+ damascus razors! Another neat little factoid - the 1/4 ground blades are apparently a major PITA to make - and Wacker didn't want to make them at first. Apparently there were only 60 blanks left - IN THE WORLD, and the cast to make more is broken - so they will never be made again... John/Wacker bought all 60 of 'em - and Wacker ruined one of the 60 farmiliarizing himself with grinding the 1/4 hollow - so there are only 59 of these suckers... on earth! IF you want one.... better jump quick!

joel said:
Apparently there were only 60 blanks left - IN THE WORLD, and the cast to make more is broken - so they will never be made again... John/Wacker bought all 60 of 'em - and Wacker ruined one of the 60 farmiliarizing himself with grinding the 1/4 hollow - so there are only 59 of these suckers... on earth! IF you want one.... better jump quick!

Now you did it! Looks like I will not be able to wait until X-MAS(I really didn't want to anyway)!:wink: :biggrin:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Am I the only one who thinks that it's a great name for an adult movie star, but a terrible name for a razor?:confused:

ouch said:
Am I the only one who thinks that it's a great name for an adult movie star, but a terrible name for a razor?:confused:

Yet, it would be a great name for a razor in an adult movie :scared:

Well, so.... Insane man that I am, I just bought one of these. The 1/4 hollow with spanish point and ebony scales. Which is odd, since I don't even know how to shave with a straight. But I just couldn't resist. Curious to hear Joel's review when he tries his.

Now, I just have to learn how to hold one of these darned things to get to the various areas of my face. I've been having a devil of a time with that with my Feather AC. But I just got Lynn's DVD, so that should help. After that, when I have more time, I will switch to a real straight, and learn how to hone. And don't worry, I won't be learning how to hone with the Wacker. I'll have to pick up a used cheaper for my beginner endeavors.

-Mo

moses said:
Well, so.... Insane man that I am, I just bought one of these. The 1/4 hollow with spanish point and ebony scales. Which is odd, since I don't even know how to shave with a straight. But I just couldn't resist. Curious to hear Joel's review when he tries his.

-Mo

Mo,

Very nice. Ebony is a beautiful wood. I chose the Rosewood because my other straight has Ebony scales. I wanted a little variety.

As this is your first straight, I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that you do not have a strop yet. If that is true, I HIGHLY recommend THISand THIS

I can not wait to try this beauty out.

Ha Ha...Ditto for me as well.........Here's the latest member of my family. Suprised I held out the few days that I did.

-Scott-

Iwan said:
Aargh I cracked and ordered one of these - only with light horn scales, and another Maestro too. :frown: :redface:

Ahah, YOU were the turkey who got the last spanish point with light horn. That was my original pick, but I delayed too much. Seriously though, I am pretty happy with the ebony.

-Mo

I made a phone call today to John, and came very close to pulling the trigger on one of these as well, the only thing that stopped me was that he is getting a new batch of razors in next week.:eek: I can see this becoming a addiction quite easily, I just hope its not as bad as the SBAD:rolleyes:
Cheers, DJ.

Iwan said:
Aargh I cracked and ordered one of these - only with light horn scales, and another Maestro too. :frown: :redface:

Another Maestro???:w00t: Which one?

A Wacker? A Friodur? Pace yourself my friend. Pace yourself.

What is your girlfriend going to say? Or...Are you going to hide your most recent purchase like I am? :biggrin:

Enjoy!

I'm not saying about the Maestro just yet. :wink:

From John I ordered a 7/8 Henckels Friodur with white Henckels 'twins' scales, and also a 6/8 Wacker quarter hollow with light horn scales.

You say he has some new razors coming next week, hmmm......

Another one would bring my collection up to a full 7+1 rotation. :drool: :lol:

And yes I plan to just hide them, she doesn't know much about razors so hopefully I can just say they were all ebay cheapies and get away with it. :thumbup: :blush:

John sent me an email saying to look for the new stuff by Sunday; very cool indeed.

Usually what I do when working a new 'toy' into the household is to make use of the 30 rule. I am very discreet and cautious about where I leave it and make sure that it won't be accidently discovered. After the requisite 30 days has elapsed, I can say with all openess and candor that it isn't new and that I have had it for while.

(*Note - This rule applies to power tools, electronics, golf items etc.)

-Scott-

sphughes said:
John sent me an email saying to look for the new stuff by Sunday; very cool indeed.

-Scott-

Uh Oh! My wife is home and I am at work. I hope he did not send me an email or I am going to be in trouble again. I timed my purchase so it was at the beginning of the credit card cycle and would be a month at least before my wife got the statement and found out about my new toy.:eek:

AandW said:
Uh Oh! My wife is home and I am at work. I hope he did not send me an email or I am going to be in trouble again. I timed my purchase so it was at the beginning of the credit card cycle and would be a month at least before my wife got the statement and found out about my new toy.:eek:

This is why my wife and I have our own credit cards!

Suzuki said:
This is why my wife and I have our own credit cards!

Same here. :wink:

What I'm worried about, is my collection will jump from 2 to 7 in the next few days when my orders all arrive - and it's bound to be noticed! I don't know how the hell I'm going to hide the sudden influx unless I stash them all somewhere secretly and smuggle one out each day for my shave. :001_unsur :lol:

Top Bottom