Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heribert Wacker Straight Razors

I went with the 7/8 Henckels Friodur roundpoint too, but with an original Henckels 'Twins' handle.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AandW
    Hello All,

I am considering getting a 1/4 ground Spanish point straight from HERE. I have not decided on the exact model. I am actually more concerned with getting a 1/4 grind -or- wedge. So, are Heribert Wacker straights a good choice or are better options to be had in the 1/4 grind/wedge realm. Any opinions and help would be much appreciated.
    Just as a heads up, I spoke with John C. today, and we chit chatted a bit - and he feels the 1/4 ground razors are the best he sells (shave wise) every bit as good as his $600+ damascus razors! Another neat little factoid - the 1/4 ground blades are apparently a major PITA to make - and Wacker didn't want to make them at first. Apparently there were only 60 blanks left - IN THE WORLD, and the cast to make more is broken - so they will never be made again... John/Wacker bought all 60 of 'em - and Wacker ruined one of the 60 farmiliarizing himself with grinding the 1/4 hollow - so there are only 59 of these suckers... on earth! IF you want one.... better jump quick!
    - Joel
    joel (at) badgerandblade.com

Quote Originally Posted by joel
    Apparently there were only 60 blanks left - IN THE WORLD, and the cast to make more is broken - so they will never be made again... John/Wacker bought all 60 of 'em - and Wacker ruined one of the 60 farmiliarizing himself with grinding the 1/4 hollow - so there are only 59 of these suckers... on earth! IF you want one.... better jump quick!
    Now you did it! Looks like I will not be able to wait until X-MAS(I really didn't want to anyway)!
    Regards,
    AandW

I could not take it any longer! I bought this little puppy.

Wacker 6/8 Quarter Hollow Spanish Point w/ Brazilian Rosewood Scales
    DSC06809.jpg
    Last edited by AandW; 10-16-2006 at 04:09 PM.
    Regards,
    AandW

Ooh nice (must resist)...

Images

Am I the only one who thinks that it's a great name for an adult movie star, but a terrible name for a razor?
    Director of the B&B Stjynnkii Membörd Dummpsjterd.

Badger & Blade- the most reasonable place on Earth.

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ouch
    Am I the only one who thinks that it's a great name for an adult movie star, but a terrible name for a razor?
    Yet, it would be a great name for a razor in an adult movie
    - Joel
    joel (at) badgerandblade.com

Images

Director of the B&B Stjynnkii Membörd Dummpsjterd.

Badger & Blade- the most reasonable place on Earth.

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Images

Well, so.... Insane man that I am, I just bought one of these. The 1/4 hollow with spanish point and ebony scales. Which is odd, since I don't even know how to shave with a straight. But I just couldn't resist. Curious to hear Joel's review when he tries his.

Now, I just have to learn how to hold one of these darned things to get to the various areas of my face. I've been having a devil of a time with that with my Feather AC. But I just got Lynn's DVD, so that should help. After that, when I have more time, I will switch to a real straight, and learn how to hone. And don't worry, I won't be learning how to hone with the Wacker. I'll have to pick up a used cheaper for my beginner endeavors.

-Mo

Quote Originally Posted by moses
    Well, so.... Insane man that I am, I just bought one of these. The 1/4 hollow with spanish point and ebony scales. Which is odd, since I don't even know how to shave with a straight. But I just couldn't resist. Curious to hear Joel's review when he tries his.

-Mo
    Mo,

Very nice. Ebony is a beautiful wood. I chose the Rosewood because my other straight has Ebony scales. I wanted a little variety.

As this is your first straight, I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that you do not have a strop yet. If that is true, I HIGHLY recommend THISand THIS

I can not wait to try this beauty out.
    Regards,
    AandW

I could not take it any longer! I bought this little puppy.

Wacker 6/8 Quarter Hollow Spanish Point w/ Brazilian Rosewood Scales
    DSC06809.jpg
    Aargh I cracked and ordered one of these - only with light horn scales, and another Maestro too.

Images

Ha Ha...Ditto for me as well.........Here's the latest member of my family. Suprised I held out the few days that I did.

-Scott-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ebony Spanish Point Wacker.jpg  
    Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Iwan
    Aargh I cracked and ordered one of these - only with light horn scales, and another Maestro too.
    Ahah, YOU were the turkey who got the last spanish point with light horn. That was my original pick, but I delayed too much. Seriously though, I am pretty happy with the ebony.

-Mo

Images

I made a phone call today to John, and came very close to pulling the trigger on one of these as well, the only thing that stopped me was that he is getting a new batch of razors in next week. I can see this becoming a addiction quite easily, I just hope its not as bad as the SBAD
    Cheers, DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwan
    Another Maestro??? Which one?

A Wacker? A Friodur? Pace yourself my friend. Pace yourself.

What is your girlfriend going to say? Or...Are you going to hide your most recent purchase like I am?

Enjoy!
    Regards,
    AandW

I'm not saying about the Maestro just yet.

From John I ordered a 7/8 Henckels Friodur with white Henckels 'twins' scales, and also a 6/8 Wacker quarter hollow with light horn scales.

You say he has some new razors coming next week, hmmm......

Another one would bring my collection up to a full 7+1 rotation.

And yes I plan to just hide them, she doesn't know much about razors so hopefully I can just say they were all ebay cheapies and get away with it.

Images

John sent me an email saying to look for the new stuff by Sunday; very cool indeed.

Usually what I do when working a new 'toy' into the household is to make use of the 30 rule. I am very discreet and cautious about where I leave it and make sure that it won't be accidently discovered. After the requisite 30 days has elapsed, I can say with all openess and candor that it isn't new and that I have had it for while.

(*Note - This rule applies to power tools, electronics, golf items etc.)

-Scott-
    Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by sphughes
    John sent me an email saying to look for the new stuff by Sunday; very cool indeed.

-Scott-
    Uh Oh! My wife is home and I am at work. I hope he did not send me an email or I am going to be in trouble again. I timed my purchase so it was at the beginning of the credit card cycle and would be a month at least before my wife got the statement and found out about my new toy.
    Regards,
    AandW

19. Default

Uh Oh! My wife is home and I am at work. I hope he did not send me an email or I am going to be in trouble again. I timed my purchase so it was at the beginning of the credit card cycle and would be a month at least before my wife got the statement and found out about my new toy.
    This is why my wife and I have our own credit cards!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuki
    This is why my wife and I have our own credit cards!
    Same here.

What I'm worried about, is my collection will jump from 2 to 7 in the next few days when my orders all arrive - and it's bound to be noticed! I don't know how the hell I'm going to hide the sudden influx unless I stash them all somewhere secretly and smuggle one out each day for my shave.