What's new

Gran Torino

I can't wait to see this movie! After the huge letdown that was Quantum of Solace, I need to see a great movie. I have always been a fan of Clint Eastwood and the previews for this simply look great, the reviews have been great and your opinions all point to this being a must see movie.

Does look like a good movie, and I have been needing to find one that I can take the wife too-
Is this a movie the woman will enjoy too?

Does look like a good movie, and I have been needing to find one that I can take the wife too-
Is this a movie the woman will enjoy too?

It's pretty irreverant, there's frequent use of the "f" word, and many "GD's."

If neither of you don't mind that, then she should like it. It's a pretty "touching" story.

My girlfriend may have like it more than I did.

Yeah, I agree that the route of the movie is fairly predictable. But, like many of my favorite movies, its the journey that makes it enjoyable.

I think it made a few good points. It sounds like some didn't care for the "wigger" scene. I thought it brought a great contrast between the two generations- the "believing I'm tough" generation v. the "I don't think about it" generation. I think we can all relate to that. Pretty much every time I go out the front door...

I could comment on the one thing that really made me think, but it would be a spoiler for those who haven't seen it.

Anyway, two thumbs up from me and SWMBO.

I saw it this last weekend and really enjoyed the movie. Was on a double-date and saw it. Friend hadnt heard a thing about it except from the wigger scene and Toad's Haircut scenes I sent from youtube. He also liked it, which is rare of him to say since he usually falls asleep during movies.

Top Bottom