What's new

what's your routine! Newbie needing some help pls!

I have only had my first shave using a DE razor this week. I need to buy some shaving bits and bobs,

this is my routine so far

gillette shaving gel ( i know i'm going to buy some real shaivng cream!) i use a shaving brush to soften the bristles, then once i have shave i put some No7 shaving balm on.

That is it.

Now i can see so many oils, creams etc, am really confused,

What's your routine and what do you use?

Can anyone recommend a kit to buy that has a little of eveything to sample with?

I live in the UK so UK based retailers would be great.

thanks!

I believe I read in another thread you have a Vision so you are set for a razor, a good brush is the EJ BBB available from a great UK company here, then all you need is a decent cream or a soap to get you started and that can be anything just personal preference check out the reviews but most you will read about on this site are good. Some type of after shave is also nice either alcohol based or a balm depending on what you prefer.

It does sound like you need to practice good prep that can really improve your shave and this thread here has all the tutorials together to help get you started, also you check out Mantic's you tube videos

After you read those post earlier recommended, my suggestion would be to get samples of creams and soaps. I made the mistake of purchasing tubs of cream and have enough for several years. I like them, but would have been better served with samples. Plus, samples takes up so much less space. Oh, one other suggestion, USE LESS PRESSURE!!!!!!!. I would say that as a newbie to WS, we probably all use way to much razor pressure. Let the razor float over your skin on a well hydrated layer of lather. As far as AS stuff, I like witch hazel and Corn Husker lotion. Although I have purchased many moisturizer balms and such, I like the CHL and WH best.

Good shaving, and let us know how you are doing from time to time.
Welcome.

Mark

Again, take a second to look up Mantic59 on YouTube and check out ALL of his videos. This site will also prove invaluable in your pursuit of shave Nirvana.

Had a look at Mantic59's videos on tube, brilliant videos, very informative and well presented. found a sample pack for about £30 i think i will buy, it comes with 2 weeks worth of creams and balms to try out. Think i will start with that.
I have Wilkinson Sword blades and as suggested here will not be trying different blades for at least a month if not more till i have a better technique.

Hi
Have a TK Maxx two stops away by tube and a superdrug in the same area so will try them out! Thanks for the rec, will check out your link now too.

My routine goes like this: hot water, one of several different shaving creams listed in my signature, and either my super speed or my HD. Simple and works well for me.

Top Bottom