What's new

Tight face

Hi how ya doin', I have been wetshaving for about 10 months now and after just about every shave my face feels tight. I always prep my face in the shower, I use good creams like Proraso, T&H, Musgo and so on. I used to use The Gentlemens Refinery A/S balm I ran out so I use Dr. harris sandalwood A/S now, and i found a blade I like. Is this normal or an I doing something wrong? Please help me.

Mine feels this way too if I use a splash, not so much if I use a balm. Personally, I like the feeling and find it rejuvenating. It's probably just the alcohol drying the skin out somewhat. For me, in the winter, that is a good thing because even though I'm 38 I still find myself dealing with the occasional pimple in the wintertime because there is more oil on my skin (my mom still has the same problem at 68).

I recall that "tight face" feeling after a wet shave, but don't notice it any more. I think that's the result of the soap or cream drying the skin a little, although an alcohol based splash could contribute to that as well.

Thanks for your replys, it never really bothered me I quess its just something that comes with the hobby.

I get the same face when I use the some after shave balms. (i.e. turefitt and skin food) but not with AOS and C&E ( was on sale for about 75 % off) . Personally I don't like the tight skin feeling. I like the wet soft and oily feel.

Your skin should feel firm yet soft after shaving. Not tight. If it feels too tight, as if you have trouble 'making faces' then your skin is not doing too well.

Hi how ya doin', I have been wetshaving for about 10 months now and after just about every shave my face feels tight. I always prep my face in the shower, I use good creams like Proraso, T&H, Musgo and so on. I used to use The Gentlemens Refinery A/S balm I ran out so I use Dr. harris sandalwood A/S now, and i found a blade I like. Is this normal or an I doing something wrong? Please help me.

P

Pogo

Thatguy1807,

New2DEShaving_Montreal is spot-on.

Use only water (no soap or shampoo) in your preshave routine.

Consider using a shave oil, e.g.: Shave Secret or King of Shaves, instead of shave cream or soap.

If you're using an adjustable razor, dial back the aggressiveness.

Make less passes when shaving.

Try a different moisturizer after shaving.

Avoid alcohol-based aftershave preparations.

Please let us know how you're doing.

Hope this helps.

Pogo

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I found out it was the Dr. Harris splash that was giving me the "tight face" feeling. When I shaved today I used some Gentlemens Refinery balm and the "tight face" feeling was gone. I quess since I have about a quarter of an ounce left of the TGR balm, I might pick up some Hydrolast balm in sandalwood. I hear around here that stuffs pretty good.

Top Bottom