What's new

NEWs FLASH, NEWS FLASH... First DE Shave and it felt GOOD!

Picked up my first DE razor today on the way home from the office, bought a simple Wilkinson Sword one to try to see how I get on was like a kid with a new toy, could'nt wait to get home and try it, also purchased a palmoive shave stick.

Got home, filled the sink with hot water and left my brush to soak while I unpacked the new DE and set it up, then went into the bathroom and prepared my face and decided to give the new palmolive shave stick a go, lathered up wonderfully, was a little nervous with first time using the DE but took i all the advice have picked up from here and Mantic's video's on Youtube and began my shave, and boy was it good, so smoove, felt completely different to a cartridge razor, as only my first go did two passes WTG and got quite a good shave, only one or two little nicks on my neck and when I applied aftershave there was no sting as there usually is, and no razor bumps. Can't wait until my next shave, can only get better with pratice. If you have'nt got a DE already diffently get one, different class.:biggrin::001_tt1::w00t::001_smile

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your first DE shave. I hope you will have many more.

Congrats & well done; I started my DE shaving wth the Wilkinson sword model - about £3.95 from Boots. The big difference for me was when I bought a Merkur HD. It is in a different league and have an enjoyable shaving experience everday. Well worth the £25 investment.

Thanks all, I think im going to stick with the wilkison for the mo, I might upgrade in a few months to a Parker/Merker as they seem fairly reasonably priced on ebay, but im a happy chappy now.

I shaved with a DE for the first time today. With a Wilkinson Sword Classic as well (2.75 euro :001_smile). I had a 4 day growth so it was not the closest of shaves.
It went well, 2x WTG and with no cuts or irritation. It really does not seem to be aggressive at all with the blades that came in the package.
I can really see what you guys usualy are talking about. My face feels different, the skin feels softer and in the area below the nose it seemed to do a better job than cartridge/disposables. And with no irritation, I am going to shave again tomorrow and see if I can improve the results.

Top Bottom