What's new

Windows 7 Beta

As far as I know this is only available to users of MSDN. But then again I like to have the performance of Windows 7 for my notebook aswell. Everything else is not important for me.

I bought a new Dell computer a couple of months ago, loaded with Vista Home Premium. I was shocked at how quirky Vista was, even after being out for awhile. When the computer went to sleep, I often couldn't get a cursor after it apparently woke up, and had to reboot the computer to get started back again. I disabled the sleep mode, which worked.

Some of the updates coming out lately have helped, but I definitely will keep my eye on this upgrade!

As far as I know this is only available to users of MSDN. But then again I like to have the performance of Windows 7 for my notebook aswell. Everything else is not important for me.

It's going to be an open beta. Anyone can access it. Good move on MS' part, if you ask me.

I'm anxiously awaiting the link to pop up on that site as well... Hopefully we'll all be some of the lucky 2.5 million that get to try it.

I'm guessing that more of the hardcore geeks have pulled it off of torrents in the past week or so, and won't need to get the link from microsoft. Then again, when I checked that link this morning, it took a long time to load, indicating that there are a lot of people rushing the site trying to get the beta as well.

I'll also post back once I give it a shot later today.

It's going to be an open beta. Anyone can access it. Good move on MS' part, if you ask me.

For what it's worth Vista was also an open beta...

Yeah, it looks like the site is getting nailed hard now. I'm hoping I can snag something when I get home from work.

proxy.php

2.5 million... and it expires in august, I believe. not gonna use this on a production machine, that's for SURE. :)

It's just so silly how after Microsoft was trying very hard to convince people Vista is actually really good (those 'Mojave experiment' ads are so annoying), they're basically giving in with Windows 7. I use Vista. What am I going to do!? I hope the upgrade from Vista to W7 will be cheap.

It's just so silly how after Microsoft was trying very hard to convince people Vista is actually really good (those 'Mojave experiment' ads are so annoying), they're basically giving in with Windows 7. I use Vista. What am I going to do!? I hope the upgrade from Vista to W7 will be cheap.

It won't be.

The question becomes "are you actually okay with vista?"

I haaaated vista at release - and until SP1 came out, it was pretty much unusable. Now that it's past the first service pack, I've found it to be very solid overall, and I like it more than XP in a lot of ways. Is it perfect? Nah, not even close - but it DOES get a lot of things right.

I've seriously never seen MS' own servers unable to handle a webload before. Unreal.

"Server too busy"

I'm worried that I won't get in before the 2.5 million are gone :-(
One of the reasons I switched to linux was to stop pirating (IMO Windows ain't worth $300) so I loves me some free open beta's to try out new stuff.

I've seriously never seen MS' own servers unable to handle a webload before. Unreal.

"Server too busy"

Agreed. Totally unreal. It looks like the Windows 7 page is back up. No Beta link though:confused1 I've been using the link provided above, I just keep getting "Server is too busy" like everyone else.

Top Bottom