What's new

Poll: Should doctor get his kidney back from cheating wife?

Poll: Should the kidney be returned?

• Tough noogies, doc

• She should return the kidney, and throw in a lung

• He should have to give her his other kidney for being so stupid

• He should receive a kidney bean as compensation

• Art is Kidney!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I love wacky legal cases.

Long story short (NB: this is the husband's version)- Woman suffers kidney failure.
Her husband, a doctor, donates his kidney to save her.
Woman survives, but cheats on husband with physical therapist.
Woman files for divorce.
Husband wants his kidney returned, or 1.5 mill.

What's your verdict?

This is a good one!

I think they'll call it a gift and that's generally something courts won't undo - if she had been cheating at the time, that might have made a difference, as its unlikely that the guy would have given her the kidney if he knew she was boffing someone else...

All I can say is that I might be inclined to perform a home-kidnectomy in the situation...

I don't think the doctor should get his kidney back ... but I think he should definitely have visitation rights and the right to take the kidney every other weekend and alternate holidays and summer vacations.

Looks like it's time for the doc to get back into surgery. I could let him borrow my Gillette office knife.

Reality is, tough luck doc! Time to move on. I'll bet he'll never do that again. Oh wait, he can't.....:biggrin:

I saw his interview on TV and cringed in embarressment for him. Amazing this guy graduated med school. Definitely better to be thought a fool then open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

A gift is a gift ... opportunity to learn about letting things go and moving on. Karma will take care of the (ex) wife.

I don't think the doctor should get his kidney back ... but I think he should definitely have visitation rights and the right to take the kidney every other weekend and alternate holidays and summer vacations.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

[youtube]Q5im0Ssyyus[/youtube]

All kidneys from both parties should be immediately siezed. Any other organs that might be similar looking (to a cop or bailiff who will handle the siezure) will also be siezed.

Once the court has decided, kidney(s) will be assigned to the parties per the courts instruction.

Obviously he has a well founded reason to be upset. And she has a well founded reason to keep the kidney - obviously she isn't going to return it. The case seems to be a petty attempt to financially ruin her. People like his wife have a whole lot of misery in their future (as well as their past).

The moron doctor and his slimy attorney should be fined for clogging up the judicial system with utter nonsense.

I know Doctors are only human, but I expect them to be a bit more, well, dignified than this chap. Scrap that, I expect any mature adult to be more dignified than this chap!

If he was my Doc, I might think seriously about going to another practice.

Does his lawyer have any shame either?:frown:

You cannot legally sell body parts in the US. By extension, you cannot ask for compensation if you want said body part back.

The doctor has argued that he donated his kidney in hopes of turning the marriage around, and since that didn't happen, he should get his kidney back. In essence the gift was conditional and since the condition wasn't met, the kidney is still his. I'm not familiar with the laws regarding conditional organ donation. It can get very confusing with this premise. Though there are some legal loopholes for the husband, I strongly doubt the courts would ever rule in his favor. What's done is done.

The doctor has argued that he donated his kidney in hopes of turning the marriage around
I doubt any reasonable person would think that your wife would love you again if you would give her a kidney. I'm sure the wife is appreciative of that, but love isn't that simple. :001_tt1: Tough luck for the doctor. She was eventually gonna cheat anyway. A poor marriage is gonna go bust sooner or later...

Top Bottom