What's new

Levels of stankiness

No, this thread isn't about Mark TSSB's breath.... :lol:

Let's have some fun and discuss which brands of brushes stink the worst (or least) when you first get them.

I must say that the Savile Row silvertips from Charles at QED have essentially no smell - I can use them without any sort of pre-treatment. Simpson, on the other hand, I find pretty high on the funk factor. Don't even get me started on boar brushes.... :001_07:

I have only one brush and that is an omega boar brush and I have to say that it wasn't funky at all. I guess it just depends on the manufacturer.

Well in my vast experience of brush collecting(I have 2), I would say that my Merkur silvertip was STAAAAANKY(as bad as my 1yr old who is sitting right next to me as I write this)! The C&E best badger was not that bad in the Funk Department.

Scotto,

I stand forewarned about my PJ2 Super when it arrives.

I will be offline for a moment while I change my son's diapers.:biggrin:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well in my vast experience of brush collecting(I have 2), I would say that my Merkur silvertip was STAAAAANKY(as bad as my 1yr old who is sitting right next to me as I write this)! The C&E best badger was not that bad in the Funk Department.
OMG LMFAO :a14:

reeffanatic said:
I better go to the doctor and get my sniffer checked out. My omega boar brush just didn't stink.
Maybe some kind soul in the Target stockroom gave your brush several long shampoo baths before putting it out on the shelf. :smile:

You know you just might have something there. If I had to work in that isle and the brush smelled as bad as you guys say it does I'd wash it too. HAHAHA

Rooney Silvertip, didn't notice any smell whatsoever. Omega boar, rank, but ok after 2 shampoo/conditioner sessions. C&E 'pure', did smell a bit, but not necessarily a bad smell... but a smell nonetheless.

J

My Omega boar brush stank up my whole friggin house! I must have washed that thing ten times.....and still:9898:
Cheers, DJ.

Dinder1 said:
My Omega boar brush stank up my whole friggin house! I must have washed that thing ten times.....and still:9898:
Cheers, DJ.

Too bad "The belly Guy " isnt working at the company anymore id given him the Omega Boar brush let him go thru the same thing that we had to put up with him for years... obesity and smelly armpits.. to the roof id rather stay in one room with a Skunk... :thumbdown

The Proraso Boar Brush by Omega is HORRIBLE!:ciappa:

I've used mine at least a dozen times (after bathing it in Dr. Bronners) and it STILL is STANK!

Never noticed new brushes were stinkin':eek: .........i rather love the scent of a wet dog....it's well uhhhhh.....rather......animal:biggrin:

Hmmm...but seriously: i have so many brushes that i can't remember which stank and which didn't.
But i have also numerous unused Simpsons and they don't have a scent at all.....

Peter

Hmmm, maybe my sense of smell isn't what it used to be. My Omega boar didn't stink and the Simpson Duke #2 I just received didn't stink either.

MY AOS Pure stunk to high heaven:yikes: . So did my AOS Pure Travel brush. My SR 208 was bought used so no odor associated with that brush.

Rafael

Top Bottom