What's new

Buying bulk blades?

What blades do you like? Derbys are sold through the ShavingFactory. WestCoastShaving has a good selection. Member Pauldog sells NOS Feathers and you can always check the shopping boards for additional information. I don't use EBay so I can't recommend to you a reputable seller on the Bay. Good luck.

i may have jumped the gun on this question since i havent fully switched over from disposables yet. im still taking notes so i dont know what id like. when i order my razor im going with the small blade sampler (45 blades). i saw on ebay i think 400 Dorcos for i think it broke down to like .07 cent a blade so i thought id ask about other good deals on bulk blades.

In addition to the others mentioned:

Member "iamdarkangel2005" has some good prices on his eBay store. He has a reference to it in a post the Shopping forum. I think he's running a 5% off sale right now.

Member "dridiot" sells direct; he also has an eBay store but his direct prices here are a little better.

I've dealt with both of them for small quantities and had good experiences with both gents, FWIW.

i may have jumped the gun on this question since i havent fully switched over from disposables yet. im still taking notes so i dont know what id like. when i order my razor im going with the small blade sampler (45 blades). i saw on ebay i think 400 Dorcos for i think it broke down to like .07 cent a blade so i thought id ask about other good deals on bulk blades.

That is not necessarily a good price on the Dorcos. You may want to check with a local beauty/barber supply store to see if they carry blades. Also, I do not recommend buying in bulk until you know you like the blade and are willing to shave with it quite a bit.

Some B&Bers hate Dorcos. I personally find them to be an acceptable blade - not my favorite but in the rotation.

Definitely try the various blades in the sampler pack before you buy in bulk. I got a sampler from West Coast Shaving a while back and it was really helpful.

For whatever it's worth, I ended up liking the Red Pack Israelis blades and bought 100 of them (which, for me, is almost a year of shaving) from the same place. I don't remember what I paid, but they currently have it listed for $10.00.

Good luck with the transition.

That is not necessarily a good price on the Dorcos. You may want to check with a local beauty/barber supply store to see if they carry blades. Also, I do not recommend buying in bulk until you know you like the blade and are willing to shave with it quite a bit.

Some B&Bers hate Dorcos. I personally find them to be an acceptable blade - not my favorite but in the rotation.

There are actually two different Dorco blades, the 300's and the 301's. The 301's are actually pretty good, I wasn't impressed by the 300's, though.

There are actually two different Dorco blades, the 300's and the 301's. The 301's are actually pretty good, I wasn't impressed by the 300's, though.

You sir are correct. Since sas71 said the price was $0.07 a blade I figured that the blades for sale are the 300s. The 301s are a better blade and accompany the 301s in my rotation.

Top Bottom