What's new

I dont believe it

my post was deleted?
i only asked if the razor was worth selling and what the value might be. unless i read it wrong thats not breaking the 45/50 rule is it?

my post was deleted?
i only asked if the razor was worth selling and what the value might be. unless i read it wrong thats not breaking the 45/50 rule is it?

As a rule, posts like yours have been used to skirt the BST rules - here's how these things often play out:

Newbie: Is this [insert item here] any good, is it worth selling?

Response: I'm interested if you want to sell this, PM sent.

So, while I apologize if your intentions were honourable, its just that posts like yours are problematic and have been misused by folks who can't sell on the BST to skirt the rules.

We take the BST minimums very seriously, including any posts that could be construed as attempts to circumvent them (whether intended or not).

Thanks for explaining that so clearly. I've seen posts like those deleted or changed before, and never understood exactly why. Now I do.

As a rule, posts like yours have been used to skirt the BST rules - here's how these things often play out:

Newbie: Is this [insert item here] any good, is it worth selling?

Response: I'm interested if you want to sell this, PM sent.

So, while I apologize if your intentions were honourable, its just that posts like yours are problematic and have been misused by folks who can't sell on the BST to skirt the rules.

We take the BST minimums very seriously, including any posts that could be construed as attempts to circumvent them (whether intended or not).

was the first thing i thought about after i made my post but i couldnt delete it. i wasnt trying to start anything, i do see your point. i just wanted a little info so if i decided to sell it i wouldnt get hosed. no hard feelings here. i should have said in my thread i had no intentions of putting in the BST section.

So if we're only looking for an appraisal of a specialized item, what is an appropriate process?

Good question. Would it make sense for the poster to PM a moderator in advance and let the moderator post the request for appraisal? Then noone could offer because noone would know whose the item was.

Just a thought

Graham

personally to me the purpose of this forum is to discuss razors not to assign value to any object otherwise people will join to just do that and never be heard from again. There are books out there and dealers who will evaluate any collectible. Of course that costs money.

How about this? Some newbie may post as you did:

"How much is this razor worth?"

"That brand of razor is made of old rust prone steel, it's not worth very much at all.....I'd buy it off you for like $8 though..."
-Some unscrupulous B&Ber (most likely me....:rolleyes:)

Top Bottom