What's new

More moisturizing: AV Ice Balm or Brut Balm?

Joel mentioned in his drugstore A/S thread that the Brut balm is more moiturizing than the AV IB.

On me, it's the opposite; nothing against the Brut, I have and love this balm, but I find the AV to provide more moisture.

Tge Brut does have Shea butter, but so does the AV; the AV also has castor oil and dimethicone.

The Brut is really soothing, but leaves my face matte.

(FWIW, I have dry skin)

While I'm not an expert on nearly anything at all, it might behoove you to know that Castor Oil, while having a lot of great benefits, (there are whole books on its medicinal wonders!) is a very drying out oil.

It may be the AV has something in it, like castor oil or something else, that leaves your skin FEELING better, but does not add as much moisture as other A/S's to your skin.

Thread Hi-jack/RANT ahead:
I've heard of the phenomina in some bar soaps. They dry your skin out, but you'd never know it, because they have ingredients to just make your skin temporarily feel smoother but dry it out more in the hours after its use...

I'm at the point where I'm leary of a lot of the mainstream cosmetics products.

My dermotoligist seems to think most of the mainstream products are a scam... Though he can afford to think that when hes making what he does...

Back to your regular scheduled program:

While I'm not an expert on nearly anything at all, it might behoove you to know that Castor Oil, while having a lot of great benefits, (there are whole books on its medicinal wonders!) is a very drying out oil.

It may be the AV has something in it, like castor oil or something else, that leaves your skin FEELING better, but does not add as much moisture as other A/S's to your skin.

Thread Hi-jack/RANT ahead:
I've heard of the phenomina in some bar soaps. They dry your skin out, but you'd never know it, because they have ingredients to just make your skin temporarily feel smoother but dry it out more in the hours after its use...

I'm at the point where I'm leary of a lot of the mainstream cosmetics products.

My dermotoligist seems to think most of the mainstream products are a scam... Though he can afford to think that when hes making what he does...

Back to your regular scheduled program:

Interesting; thanks

I cann't get past the Brute scent. I love the Ice Balm and bought 10 off eBay a few months ago when I found out it had been discontinued.

Top Bottom