What's new

E&J Brandy, any good?

I have never tried brandy in my life, but a friend gave me a bottle of Very Special, Original Extra Smooth, E&J Brandy. Can some of you fine gentlemen tell me what I can expect? It could be from Gallo, though they are not stamped anywhere on the bottle.

E&J is produced by Gallo. I am hesitant to criticize a gift from a friend. However...lest you try to drink it straight, E&J has something of a bite. In fact, it will probably make you wince should you try it straight. And by wince I mean: :eek2:. It will probably do just fine for some brandy and tonics.

E&J is produced by Gallo. I am hesitant to criticize a gift from a friend. However...lest you try to drink it straight, E&J has something of a bite. In fact, it will probably make you wince should you try it straight. And by wince I mean: :eek2:. It will probably do just fine for some brandy and tonics.

That's ok. He's really more of a business aquintance. Perhaps it would make a nice Aftershave???

I use it for cooking and in sangria but never drink it solo or as a cocktail. Could have been worse.

It's easy on the pocket book, but other than that it doesn't have a whole lot of redeeming qualities.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The good news is that it will last for years and is good for deglazing pans and making sangria, as Tim and Daniel said.

I splashed some E&J on this thread to wake it up. I bought a 200ML bottle just for the bottle. I went into the liquor store for Everclear to make aftershave and picked up the E&J on impulse. It was the cheapest thing they had in a glass bottle.

Waste not, want not, I drank it all right out of the bottle and it went down smooth and tasted great too me. I'm a bourbon man but if the E&J is bad brandy, I must love brandy.

Top Bottom