What's new

Today's Shave...

For those guys who had a great shave today, Please report in :)
Art, you're excluded, heh heh heh.

Today, used Lots of my pre-shave oil (simple oil I made at home), + Mitchell's Woolfat (which I find lathers well using a boar brush)

Face lathered, then squeezed the lather out with my hand, and then hand lathered my face. Very rich creamy lather mixed with lots of oil. It was all I needed. No relathering, nothing. Just did 2 passes, plus 1 touch up.

Blade used, Dorco Stainless. ST300. NO kidding, it was the second shave with this blade, and this blade is good. I don't know why people say not so good things about it. But I found it to be sharp enough in a 38C, but what I liked about it is the smoothness. My prep was A-one today. Finished off with Tabac aftershave.
Enjoying the day!

Nicely done ......I have yet to shave was hoping to get new soap in the mail but didn't, it will come tomorrow

Blade used, Dorco Stainless. ST300. NO kidding, it was the second shave with this blade, and this blade is good. I don't know why people say not so good things about it. But I found it to be sharp enough in a 38C, but what I liked about it is the smoothness. My prep was A-one today. Finished off with Tabac aftershave.

Well that sums up my experience of the Dorco: very smooth and sharp enough. I just used one in my slant and got a DFS.

Well I had an awesome shave today with my new Merkur 73C HD Slant, eventhough I did nick my adams apple on the first pass, the second and touch up pass right over that same spot, did not re-nick it or cause it to bleed! This was with an Astra Superior Blade and just Proraso green *co bigelow*.. Will do a Super Lather which works even better for slickness!

I'll jump right in.

Used my BBE with AOS Sandalwood with my brand new Merkur Slant and a Red Persona. I picked up the slant after work. Very nice shave. If the performance of the slant continues like it did this morning it will replace my HD.

On thing I also did a little differently this morning was I used less soap. I found that with the BBE I was picking more soap then I needed. Less soap and more water made for a very nice shave.

Top Bottom