What's new

CVS Single & Double Edge Blades...

The CVS DE blades are re-branded ASR Personnas, which are decent. There are much better blades out there, but you could do a lot worse, too.

BTW, these are the same blades you can get at Walmart for about $1.50. At that price, you're definitely getting your money's worth.

These are serviceable blades, and if you're in a pinch, they'll hold you over while you wait for an online order to arrive. As mentioned, you can find these same blades cheaper in Wal-Mart and most grocery stores under other brand names. Just look for "Made in USA" on the package or blade (typically this is visible on the top blade). They have a nice dispenser - works well for travel.

If you have a Family Dollar store near you, try their blades. They are made by Dorco in Korea, and not too bad at all. I found them a little more forgiving than the CVS blades (I didn't make it though a whole pack of the CVS blades).

..I don't think they're bad at all (if anything just a tad aggressive). I'm on my 5th shave with one Dorco loaded in my ABC Gillette. After the second shave, I began hand-stropping the blade before each shave (thanks to D.Irving79's great YouTube video) and I am confident that the 6th shave will be pretty comfortable as well.

Mike

Mediocre in my book!:frown:
I think "mediocre" is being a bit generous. I couldn't get a second shave out of them, with the first being a little rough.

If you have a Family Dollar store near you, try their blades. They are made by Dorco in Korea, and not too bad at all. I found them a little more forgiving than the CVS blades (I didn't make it though a whole pack of the CVS blades).
Now, this blades I've found to be slightly better than mediocre, but worth the $1.00 per pack price.

Top Bottom