Thread: CVS Single & Double Edge Blades...

Default CVS Single & Double Edge Blades...

...are they any good?

Thanks Mike
    [FONT="Georgia"][FONT="Impact"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Fixedsys"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][B][COLOR="Blue"]Mike[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR]

The CVS DE blades are re-branded ASR Personnas, which are decent. There are much better blades out there, but you could do a lot worse, too.

BTW, these are the same blades you can get at Walmart for about $1.50. At that price, you're definitely getting your money's worth.
    Work Hard, Work Proud.

Take a look at this review:
    http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1990

If the dispenser looks the same as the one in that picture then it's more than likely the same blades, US Personna. If so, I'd say "Not bad, but not all that good either" All I know is that those blades at Walgreens are over $6 while the same ones at Walmart are less than $2.

Mediocre in my book!

These are serviceable blades, and if you're in a pinch, they'll hold you over while you wait for an online order to arrive. As mentioned, you can find these same blades cheaper in Wal-Mart and most grocery stores under other brand names. Just look for "Made in USA" on the package or blade (typically this is visible on the top blade). They have a nice dispenser - works well for travel.

hunt down treet brand SE blades (also available locally) or GEM personna.

Images

If you have a Family Dollar store near you, try their blades. They are made by Dorco in Korea, and not too bad at all. I found them a little more forgiving than the CVS blades (I didn't make it though a whole pack of the CVS blades).

Default as for Dorcos...

..I don't think they're bad at all (if anything just a tad aggressive). I'm on my 5th shave with one Dorco loaded in my ABC Gillette. After the second shave, I began hand-stropping the blade before each shave (thanks to D.Irving79's great YouTube video) and I am confident that the 6th shave will be pretty comfortable as well.

Mike
    [FONT="Georgia"][FONT="Impact"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Fixedsys"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][B][COLOR="Blue"]Mike[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR]

always great news

The little farming town of Naperville, IL

worth a try
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][B][I]Psychiatric Secrets Revealed With Dr. Mike[/I][/B] FREE iTunes Podcast dedicated to mental health and living better.[/FONT]

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ctakim View Post
    Mediocre in my book!
    I think "mediocre" is being a bit generous. I couldn't get a second shave out of them, with the first being a little rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtrumpet View Post
    If you have a Family Dollar store near you, try their blades. They are made by Dorco in Korea, and not too bad at all. I found them a little more forgiving than the CVS blades (I didn't make it though a whole pack of the CVS blades).
    Now, this blades I've found to be slightly better than mediocre, but worth the $1.00 per pack price.