What's new

my winter favourite...

The Chicoutai with cloudberry sounds interesting. Here in the southern US we can never find things made with cloudberry. We have to buy already processed stuff :frown:

The Chicoutai with cloudberry sounds interesting. Here in the southern US we can never find things made with cloudberry. We have to buy already processed stuff :frown:

I've never had it, but I'd like to. I'm going to see if I can't manage to acquire some somehow. I got a few neighbours liking the Sortilège too.

Thanks, Poulin

Futailes.com has some interesting products! Do you know if any are carried in Calgary (and where)?

When I was a little kid I can remember travelling from Montréal to the Carnaval de Québec with my parents. The adults all had plastic canes filled with Caribou (a strong mix of brandy, alcool, and wine or port or sherry, or..... all three). They sure liked taking long walks!

------------------

Alan

Thanks, Poulin

Futailes.com has some interesting products! Do you know if any are carried in Calgary (and where)?

When I was a little kid I can remember travelling from Montréal to the Carnaval de Québec with my parents. The adults all had plastic canes filled with Caribou (a strong mix of brandy, alcool, and wine or port or sherry, or..... all three). They sure liked taking long walks!

------------------

Alan

Crowfoot Liquor in the mall at the corner of Centre St N and Beddington (the mall with Safeway and London Drugs) carries Sortilège. I don't know if they have any more since I bought the last few bottles leading up to xmas. :blushing:

Thanks, Poulin

------------------

Alan

Hey Alan,

Did you end up getting a bottle?

The Francophone community will be holding a Festival Des Sucres later this month.... there will be Caribou to drink I imagine, there was last time I went! Hm.... I just noticed they're holding it at a school this year. Maybe there won't be any Caribou.

http://www.acfa-calgary.ca/

Hey Alan,

Did you end up getting a bottle?

No, I didn't find a bottle, but I did have a go at making some of my own (thanks for the suggestion Cybrok). I used "Alberta Premium" rye and maple syrup. Came out nice, but was definitely a slow sipping kinda drink. Served it on the rocks, which helped cut a bit of the sweetness.

My recipe:

Start with 3 parts rye and 1 part pure maple syrup.
Mix together at room temp, and taste (add more syrup if desired).
Serve in small tumblers over ice cubes.

Bottom line, if you've got access to decent rye whiskey and decent maple syrup, you can make your own!

Still want to try the Sortilège!

Thanks for the heads up on the Cabane a Sucre stuff going on this month. Will likely check it out.

------------
Alan

Top Bottom