What's new

Dogfish Head World Wide Stout

WWS is pretty amazing, and as scoopster said, Raison d' Extra is pretty phenomenal as well.

I also like their 120 minute IPA that is in the same realm as the other two. Last time I had it, I was lucky enough to have 120 minute on tap, being run through a Randal. For those that don't know, "randal the enamal animal" was invented by dogfish head, and is basically a 2 foot long water filter packed with a dozen or so pounds of fresh of the vine hops. Hook that to the outlet of the tap faucet, and enjoy.

Just imagine, a 21% abv IPA, loaded with hops to begin with, and run through that monster. To say that it was intense would be an understatement.

:w00t: Holy cow! This is one of those examples in life where, if you have to ask, the point is moot as it has already been lost on you.

:w00t: Holy cow! This is one of those examples in life where, if you have to ask, the point is moot as it has already been lost on you.

It was definitely an exciting experience, but kind of odd at the same time. As any one out there that have had the standard bottled 120 minute IPA (as about 99% of it is...), they will tell you that it is cloyingly sweet, to the point of being syrupy. That being said, the flavor is still dominated by hops. So anybody that knows anything about fermentation can tell you that a beer with that much alcohol, that is still sweet, but tastes like hops.... that is one hell of a flavor explosion. When you have it on tap run through the Randal, the hop flavor intensifies, and it gets even better and more complex.

If I recall correctly (I did have two glasses that night...) I paid $16 for a 10 oz snifter, and got the second for free from a friend. Outrageous, yes... Worth it? Yes.... The most I've ever paid for a beer? sadly, no.....:eek:

Top Bottom