What's new

Ground forces move into Gaza

Status
Not open for further replies.
This can't end well. I am thinking of anyone with relatives in the area at the moment or posting from that part of the world.

Stay safe and I will be keeping you in my thoughts.

I didn't want to start this thread because of the passionate supporters of each side but I'll make a short comment. There were protests and marches worldwide, including in NYC. Each side is very staunch in its vitriolic feelings towards the other and the sentiments will continue to exist in the foreseeable future. I hope everyone who posts treads lightly.

I didn't begin this for any political reasons as odd as that sounds. I am not putting my political views here I am simply showing my support for the individuals who are in the area and most likely living in hell

Gents, this thread can turn ugly very quickly. Lets all keep our Political views out of this or the thread will be locked.

I didn't begin this for any political reasons as odd as that sounds. I am not putting my political views here I am simply showing my support for the individuals who are in the area and most likely living in hell
I can't imagine how scary it must be to live in a war zone. I'm thankful to God that I don't know. Anyone that doesn't know what it's like is truly blessed.

I personally never see an end to the Mideast situation. I have been a student of the conflicts and remember this quote: "We Jews have a secret weapon in our struggle with the Arabs; we have no place to go".Golda Meir.. To me this said it all and continues to be a underlying theme. It's biblical in nature and ideology, we in the states do not realize the extent of the hatred.

just got called up, thank god for duel citizenship-I get to stay here!

I grew up there and believe me, everyone in the region: arab, israeli, dogs and cats are post traumatic. I have spent a fortune on shrinks.

It was always going to happen but it's still a shame it had do.

The worst thing about this ground assault is that both sides know this won't be an end to the conflict, just another little part of the struggle.

I feel sorry for the palestinians, they have nowhere to go and their leadership isn't exactly good to them...

I feel sorry for the israelis, they have nowhere to go and they face an enemy who will stop at nothing to kill civilians...

It's a horrible situation and thinking about it makes me want a STRONG drink!

[
That sounds nice, like kittens and rainbows, but it will never happen. Even if Hamas agrees to yet another cease fire, it will only last till the Israelis go to bed and then rockets will start up again.

It reminds me of the French taunting King Arthur in Holy Grail. No amount of logic or reasoning is going to get them to stop it. They'll keep launching their cows and chickens until no one is left.

I'll pray for all of the innocent lives on both sides which will be lost before this is all through. God bless them all.

My thoughts are both with the people in Gaza and those in Israel. Let's just hope that on both sides people of reason will somehow rise to power in 2009.

Sad indeed. Little each of us can really do individually.

All we can do is take a personal lesson--that's my plan anyhow as I struggle with the many aspects of this.

I will appreciate my family and will appreciate that others have family too. I will be working today and wish everyone well and mean it--strangers and acquanintances alike.

Odd little protest to the violence but it'll be my bit. Really we have many internal struggles even at home in the US (and every other country too)--and it is caring for our neighbors and recognizing that good and worth exists in everyone (even in the absence of perfection) that is our road to peace.

Sad indeed. Little each of us can really do individually.

All we can do is take a personal lesson--that's my plan anyhow as I struggle with the many aspects of this.

I will appreciate my family and will appreciate that others have family too. I will be working today and wish everyone well and mean it--strangers and acquanintances alike.

Odd little protest to the violence but it'll be my bit. Really we have many internal struggles even at home in the US (and every other country too)--and it is caring for our neighbors and recognizing that good and worth exists in everyone (even in the absence of perfection) that is our road to peace.

Very well said, thank you for that.

It's gonna be a long time...Sadly...a long time before we as humans make peace within ourselves for each others sakes. Only if the world was more like the fine folks at B&B :)

"We Jews have a secret weapon in our struggle with the Arabs; we have no place to go".Golda Meir.

It was an odd thing for her to say considering that the majority of Jews don't want to live in Israel and, in fact, live in every country on the earth, even Iran. "No place to go"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom