What's new

Etsy.com

This thread about honey scented soap prompted me to take a look at etsy last night to see if such a thing existed there.

I found a honey/cinnamon soap from a maker in Australia that looks great. I'm tempted to order 10 pucks and see if I can sell some at cost to friends (or anyone through B&B) that are interested. I've ordered things from Australia before, and it's not a difficult process (was actually just there for the month of October).

-Andy

I love that site, and I have some friends that sell handmade crafts there. Haven't tried any of the shave soaps from the site though, but I'm sure I will in the future!

You know I had never considered looking for shaving stuff there... There is some great looking stuff there, I am considering ordering some cold process goats milk based shaving soap to try some out. I am having a fixation with cold process soap lately that I can not explain...

I've bought a couple of vintage razors and shaving mugs there; you have to make sure you select "vintage" or "all items" for the search. Some sellers are offering better deals than others, you just have to look for a price that you're willing to pay. Besides people offering their own soaps, you'll see vintage soaps there from time to time; I've seen one or two pucks of vintage Williams there, although I haven't checked recently. I'm all stocked up on soaps, and can't see buying any more for a while, but this is definitely one place to look.

I like ETSY and have bought numerous things there.

One merchant makes a pear fragrance hair conditioner in bar form that SWMBO really likes.

As an aside, do you know of similar sites excluding craigslist ?

thanks

Along with the shaving soaps a few sellers craft some nice looking shaving mugs/bowls at very reasonable prices...

I picked up my first vintage shaving brush from Etsy.com. It was super cheap and made a great restoration project. Etsy is much more laid-back and friendlier than the cutthroat competition on eBay.

My cousin has an Etsy store and she makes soaps and shaving soaps (her husband says they work well) but I have never tried her stuff. I'm thinking of getting a bunch of samples to share. I just have to wait to hear form her.

I think one concern that is voiced often is that many artisans take a hand soap recipe, add clay and label it as shaving soap. I'm sure that some of the stuff on Etsy is good, but there are plenty of so-called "shaving" soaps that aren't worth the cost. Also note that this thread was from 2 years ago...

i'm always on there lurking, but have yet to purchase any soaps. hard to find reviews or people who have tried them.

i did however purchase a leather case for my 34c for camping, for $15 shipping included as well as some free leather conditioner.

proxy.php
proxy.php

I LOVE that razor case but I would be worried about the back part of the snap that's inside the case scratching my razor. Not to mention if you use it too much for a razor with a screw-on head, the stress from the amount of force needed to snap the snap might eventually break it off. My Mergress is just too pretty for that.
I might send them a message and see if they could do one with a buckle or something.

My wife has a store on Etst selling jewelry and soap and she loves the site. Let's not forget Portland General Store started on Etsy (I think, but they sell on there).

I LOVE that razor case but I would be worried about the back part of the snap that's inside the case scratching my razor. Not to mention if you use it too much for a razor with a screw-on head, the stress from the amount of force needed to snap the snap might eventually break it off. My Mergress is just too pretty for that.
I might send them a message and see if they could do one with a buckle or something.

My wife has a store on Etst selling jewelry and soap and she loves the site. Let's not forget Portland General Store started on Etsy (I think, but they sell on there).

yeah, i knew about the snap, someone warned me, but i got it anyway, it was too good deal. their suggestion was to put a stick on felt pad on the inside of the snap.

i actually contacted the seller prior to purchasing and he was wondering how to do it without the rubbing snap. he also assured me, if i wasn't 100% happy or it didn't fit, he'd refund my purchase price. seems like it was worth taking a chance on, and i won't be sticking in any high end razors.

Top Bottom