What's new

Speakeasy Acquisitions ~January 2009

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
A Kitchenaid Pro Coffee Grinder. I don't do espresso but it should be more than sufficient for my Drip, Press, Moka coffees.

proxy.php

Needed some new humidifiers for my old humidors. But then figured why not just get a new humidor! So after I ok'd it from my gf. This is what I decided to get. Nice price for the quantity it holds. $110 for a 300 ct. It's a shame it doesn't come pre-seasoned. So gotta wait a lil while before I can use it.

A couple of vermouths for Manhattan experimentation.

That Carpano Punt e Mes is excellent for manhattans, but since it is really a lot richer than a classic vermouth, you may want to adjust your proportions to use slightly less than you otherwise would. What whiskey you using?

I was recently at my watchmaker's shop and he showed me some vintage watches that he acquired at an estate sale. Of course he sold them to me.

full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
those are some fine watches, Wittnauer was once part of Longines, Reymond weil is still a fine luxury watch brand and doxa were famous for their diving watches,

Just picked up some cigars for collection back at school:biggrin::

Rocky Patel Decade Torpedo
Romeo y Julieta Aniversario Corona
Nording Robusto Maduro

I think these should hold me over during the new semester:w00t:

A couple of modest 10-year-old single malt bottles, Laphroig & Glenmorangie,
to keep the 12-year-olds company.
(Glenfiddich, Glenlivet & Macallan)

An impulse acquisition while passing by the NH liquor store on the way back from a ski afternoon.
That store is truly in a predatory location.

Last edited:
Old Riverside Arms double barrel. Assuming it doesn't blow up on the first shot, I'm going to put a pistol grip on it and use it to defend the speakeasy.

GB

Another bottle of Russell's Reserve Rye. The first one went quickly.

As an interesting aside, we use Quicken to keep track of all our finances. Based on your credit card purchases, it sometimes asks you if you want to create a recurring charge for one place or another. My wife somewhat angrily informed me that today it asked her if we wanted to create a recurring charge to our local liquor store.... :001_rolle

Another bottle of Russell's Reserve Rye. The first one went quickly.

As an interesting aside, we use Quicken to keep track of all our finances. Based on your credit card purchases, it sometimes asks you if you want to create a recurring charge for one place or another. My wife somewhat angrily informed me that today it asked her if we wanted to create a recurring charge to our local liquor store.... :001_rolle

That's outstanding!

Top Bottom