What's new

is this an addiction?

I ordered my first DE razor about 3 weeks ago. It is a merkur hd that I got for christmas. However, before that even came I acquired an old gillette. I've purchased wilkinson sword blades, then derby's. I bought some nivea shaving cream and gillette after shave. Then I bought more derby blades. Then I got some wilkinson's shaving soap, then proraso pre/post cream, proraso shaving cream (the green tube). Then I got some shaving oil. Now I've ordered one hundred derby blades, some more shaving soap (edwin jagger) and a shaving bowl. Today I went out to look at antique straight razors. I almost bought a dovo shavette and had to force my hand to remove it from my "shopping cart". Three weeks ago I shaved with a gillette fusion and canned shaving cream. Now I own more shaving gear than everyone on my block combined. Why didn't anybody warn me wet shaving would be this addictive? Are there support groups for this? Is there any hope for me at all?

Are there support groups for this? Is there any hope for me at all?
This is the support group! But not the support you think - you'll be supported in buying more stuff.

Resistance is futile. I knew this as soon as I was the one dragging my wife into cosmetics stores and not the other way round.

Oh we can help you alright.....

I don't know if its the type of help your looking for or not:001_smile

You really owe it to yourself to pick up some tallow based soap.

I think I also need a moss scuttle. 70 bucks after taxes and shipping isn't unreasonable for warm shaving cream. Oh god, my bank account...

It's not an addiction; --it's an obsession.
You can go to rehab to treat an addiction.

HTH.

Hang in there, the enablers at this site will get you squared away, and, Happy New Year!

-- John Gehman

You are doomed to an eternity of great shaves with the best gear your money can buy.

Do not ever read the threads about coffee and tea :biggrin: nobody will feel sorry for you...

You are doomed to an eternity of great shaves with the best gear your money can buy.

Do not ever read the threads about coffee and tea :biggrin: nobody will feel sorry for you...

You might want to stay away from the threads about fountain pens and watches too.

I think I also need a moss scuttle. 70 bucks after taxes and shipping isn't unreasonable for warm shaving cream. Oh god, my bank account...

Think of it in this way ..You are doing your part in stimulating the economy:biggrin: Check out Penhaligons and Truefitt and Hill , the economic impact when purchasing these products will throw the numbers in the black. Welcome you are in good company..

This is the support group! But not the support you think - you'll be supported in buying more stuff.

Resistance is futile. I knew this as soon as I was the one dragging my wife into cosmetics stores and not the other way round.

Marty, is that you?!? :confused1

I'm about 3 weeks in and I have 5 razors, 11 soaps, 6 creams, 8 AS and ASB, 2 new colognes, and 3 brushes. My wife lives in fear of the delivery man.

In all reality she's very supportive since I'm not collecting guitars and amps anymore :lol:

I think I'm about done buying for a while...

unless I find a good New or New Improved or Aristocrat or...

I ordered my first DE razor about 3 weeks ago. It is a merkur hd that I got for christmas. However, before that even came I acquired an old gillette. I've purchased wilkinson sword blades, then derby's. I bought some nivea shaving cream and gillette after shave. Then I bought more derby blades. Then I got some wilkinson's shaving soap, then proraso pre/post cream, proraso shaving cream (the green tube). Then I got some shaving oil. Now I've ordered one hundred derby blades, some more shaving soap (edwin jagger) and a shaving bowl. Today I went out to look at antique straight razors. I almost bought a dovo shavette and had to force my hand to remove it from my "shopping cart". Three weeks ago I shaved with a gillette fusion and canned shaving cream. Now I own more shaving gear than everyone on my block combined. Why didn't anybody warn me wet shaving would be this addictive? Are there support groups for this? Is there any hope for me at all?

:eek: what brush are you using!!!

what ever you do, DONT CHEAP OUT ON YOUR SHAVE BRUSH!

Top Bottom