What's new

Just Ordered A Slant

Well my curiosity has gotten the better of me and I just placed an order for a Slant from Classic Shaving. I wanted some Feathers and just sort of found myself "throwing in" a Slant for good measure. :biggrin1:

MasonM said:
Well my curiosity has gotten the better of me and I just placed an order for a Slant from Classic Shaving. I wanted some Feathers and just sort of found myself "throwing in" a Slant for good measure. :biggrin1:

Mason, that makes sense. You get Feathers, you need something to put them in. Good choice!

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Mason, that makes sense. You get Feathers, you need something to put them in. Good choice!

Randy
Very true. I hope it proves to be a good razor choice. While I like my Futur I want to see how others compare.

Mason,

Once you master the Slant... you'll be eager to try your next adventure into Manhood..... a Straightrazor!

Even the hardiest The Quicker Picker Upper, Mr. Bounty respects and admires a man who can wield a straightrazor.

It's an experience that every man should endeavor to try at least one time in their life.

-joedy

Joedy said:
Mason,

Once you master the Slant... you'll be eager to try your next adventure into Manhood..... a Straightrazor!

Even the hardiest The Quicker Picker Upper, Mr. Bounty respects and admires a man who can wield a straightrazor.

It's an experience that every man should endeavor to try at least one time in their life.

-joedy
I have considered a straight but as I am on the road most of the time the stropping and honing would simply be too much trouble for a portable shave kit.

I have looked at the Feather straights with the disposable blades which would be a good compromise. I may eventually give one a try.

MasonM said:
I have considered a straight but as I am on the road most of the time the stropping and honing would simply be too much trouble for a portable shave kit.

Yeah just keep telling yourself that. :wink2: :lol:

You'd only need to take a hanging strop on the road as they don't ned honing very often. The only problem might be the extra time needed for a shave, and that fact that you don't want to be distracted while you're learning. If that's not a problem it wouldn't be any harder to take a straight on the road IMO.

Enjoy the Slant first then see what you think. :biggrin1:

Iwan said:
Yeah just keep telling yourself that. :wink2: :lol:

You'd only need to take a hanging strop on the road as they don't ned honing very often. The only problem might be the extra time needed for a shave, and that fact that you don't want to be distracted while you're learning. If that's not a problem it wouldn't be any harder to take a straight on the road IMO.

Enjoy the Slant first then see what you think. :biggrin1:
Thank you for the information. My opinions regarding straights are certainly based entirely upon ignorance of them on my part.

I think taking a straight on the road wouldn't be much of a problem. When I shave with a straight i usually do a two pass which gives me a close (though not BBS) shave and its quicker than my normal 4 pass DE shave. If you had a paddle strop or seconds strop to travel with (or even just a leather belt), you'd be ok.

jbasl said:
I think taking a straight on the road wouldn't be much of a problem. When I shave with a straight i usually do a two pass which gives me a close (though not BBS) shave and its quicker than my normal 4 pass DE shave. If you had a paddle strop or seconds strop to travel with (or even just a leather belt), you'd be ok.
Thank you. I'm sure that I will eventually investigate and educate myself on straights. For now I need to focus on mastering the finer points of the DE. :biggrin:

Top Bottom