What's new

Newb Check-in

Hello all,

I stumbled upon this informative forum about a week and a half ago after getting frustrated with irritation from shaving. Why after close to 10 years of shaving with irritation did I finally get fed up? Beats me. But now I have decided to try traditional wet shaving in hopes of eventually being able to shave without irritation (and actually enjoy shaving).

I feel I have already learned quite a bit (not hard to do when you start at zero) and have a plan laid out to begin wetshaving:

1) Get a copy of the Leisureguy's Guide to Shaving.
2) Learn to prep and create/use lather while continuing to use my Mach 3.
3) Begin shaving with a mild DE (leaning toward Tech or Krona)

I look forward to learning from others on this board and the process of learning traditional wetshaving. Y'all have been more helpful than you know already.

Welcome to B&B....I would say watching the Mantic videos on youtube is a good place to start. Read, Read, and Read....lol, you'll find anything you want to know about wet shaving here, ask questions and Enjoy the shave!!!!

Welcome to B&B!!

Ask away. You will find a lot of great information and help here.

Like Thirdeye said...read, read, read!

Welcome to B&B!

Check the stickied post at the top of this forum. It contains links to tutorials and instructional posts --they are a 'must read'.

-- John Gehman

Welcome to B&B....I would say watching the Mantic videos on youtube is a good place to start. Read, Read, and Read....lol, you'll find anything you want to know about wet shaving here, ask questions and Enjoy the shave!!!!

Everything this Ray said.
From this Ray

Welcome to B&B!

I used to dread shaving... I really only did it for special events because for days after any shave I would suffer.

Now I really enjoy shaving. I get really disappointed when I don't get time for a nice relaxing shave.

Hi there! Welcome to B&B! Either the Tech or the Krona is an excellent razor for a beginner. Both are very mild. I have both in my rotation and enjoy them very much. Best of luck to you. Keep us posted!

Welcome. Yeah, if you want a nice first DE that's easy on the face, go for the Krona. :thumbsup:

+1 on this. All my razors so far are classified as mild, with the possible exception of a Feather Portable.

But the Krona is really, really nice, IMO, because I judge the size and balance to be mamabear/'just right". A Feather in the Krona is a beautiful thing.

Top Bottom