What's new

LAB Series Shave Cream good for Safety Razors?

I'm just in to this about a week or so and have been using Kiss My Face cream with great results. However, I have a jar of LAB Series Extreme Comfort shave cream, which I used with my electric. Excellent product. I tried it right out of the jar with a less aggressive Parker and it actually worked fine. If you get some of this cream on your lip, and leave it there, it will actually numb it a bit. I haven't tried lathering it up yet, but might do so. I also have a tube of it and figure it might make a quick travel cream to use.

Any thoughts on LAB Series?

I tried LAB Series and didn't like it at all for wetshaving. There are far better creams that are less expensive then LAB series. :thumbdown

Not a huge fan myself. Didn't really lather at all, and I thought it smelled too medicine-y. I guess its designed to be used straight, but IMHO it's not really "wet" shaving if you're not building lather with hot water.

Glad you liked it though -- our opinion doesn't really matter if it works for you!

Oh, I won't be using it for wet shaving. I just have some left over and figured I'd try it, so I could use it in a "pinch".

I really like the Kiss My Face and also picked up some Bigelow at Bath & body, so I'll try that after a while as well.

I sometimes use non lather cream for convenience when I'm travelling, but the previous poster is right..... it ain't really wet shaving without later! Just sometimes a time saver in a pinch. Also sometimes I use it under a regular lather in place of Pre-Shave Oil. I don't know if other folks find it works well like that or not, but it seems to work pretty well like that for me.

I don't mind the Lush non-lathering cream for a change. The Lab stuff numbs your face allowing you to unknowingly inflict damage on yourself and spend much of the day in pain.

Top Bottom