What's new

Caterpiller work boots

i saw some caterpiller work boots the other day, reminded me of the time i was in highschool and everyone had timberlands, i bought timberlands aswell at the time, and i found them to be really bad, i got around 2 years of use from them untill i could touch the outer layer of the booth from the inside, maybe with it going mainstreem they were reduced in quality..

anyways, straight to the point, my current boots are a few years old and all scratched up, and i saw some caterpiller workboots in coffee brown leather, and i thought it they looked pretty good, maybe its time for a new pair,

so, anyone bought any latley ?

I too found that Timberlands didn't work for me, epically not as work boots. I think that they are a fashion over form type of boot. I also have very wide feet.

The best boots I have ever worn are Red Wings followed closely by Danners. Actually the Danners are more of a combat boot. The Danners are geared more towards hiking with a load on your back over rough terrain and the Red Wings I have are more for standing on a hard surface like concrete or asphalt for long periods of time.

never had caterpillar boots.
i have a 14 eeee foot size and most boot companies don't extend to that size.duty boots that are really good are Bates,however in recent years they have out sourced to china and quality and style of offerings have shrank.
hikers that are good and comfy- Propet. huge variety of sizes and styles at very good prices.
hunting boots,years ago i had browning kangaroo boots,still have them.they have been resoled and worn till i grew out of them.( my feet grew up into my thirties)

I work on a papermachine, and my current shoe is a Timberland Pro series with a steel toe. I've gotten almost 2 years out of them. The environment is wet a lot of the time with various chemicals here and there, and the boot has held up very well. I will be purchasing another pair in June, when my shoe allowance comes in.:001_smile.

Aaron

All the guys in the steel department at work are big fans of Caterpiller boots.
We have one guy who would go through a pair of boots every 3-4 months untill he switched to the big Caterpiller ones, tall with the full lace plate and everything and he's gotten a year out of them, and could probably do more, but the company buys new boots every year anyways.

The Timberland Pro series last a good long while. My roommate's been using a pair of those going on five years now and they still look like they've got some life left.

All I can say is don't get the Dickies boots. I've got those and they've been a constant battle. Once I get some more funds I'm making an investment into a nice pair of external metatarsal steels (I'm a metallurgy student and steel mills generally require a metatarsal shield).

I'm currently wearing a pair at work. They're reasonably comfortable and they do the job. I think the laces are too long, but I've never tripped over them or had them interfere with work in any way.

The best pair of work boots I ever had were Red Wings. I don't remember the model, but they literally died of old age. At work, the rule is when the toe portion of the boot curls up like an elf's shoe when you're not in them, you've had 'em for a long time! Any work boots I purchase now HAVE to have a sole stitched to the uppers; I can destroy a molded boot in two months. They just don't have what it takes. I purchased the Cats because the sole was stitched.

Don

Caterpillar makes equipment, not clothing. The clothing is just a licensed product. I have had 2 pairs of Harley Davidson boots (gifts, not something I would buy) and while they were decent boots, I've had much better Redwing and Milspec boots for less. I'd imagine Caterpillar boots would be similar. My dad swears by Halls Safety or Hoffman Boots, but they specialize in logger and lineman boots

I had a pair of Cat boots I was less than impressed. I recommend Red Wing Irish Setters, Danner Super Rain Forest or for the ultimate in boot superiority White's.

+1 for the Danners. Folowed closely by Red WIng.

I wear my Danners 12 hrs. a day for work. Wet, cold, hot, dry. A little kiwi treatment and they clean up real nice.

Used to wear Red Wings when I worked in landscaping. They held up great and even though they are semi-retired, they stil get pulled out for occasional use.

I'm a carpenter wearing steel toed boots for most of the day, I've got a couple pairs of Redwings that I switch between... best boots I've tried, super comfy and long lasting.
What I've seen of "Cat" boots don't impress me much. FWIW.

Red Wings for me.

+1 for Red Wings

Everybody at work thought I was nuts when I bought a $165 pair of shoes to wear on the job. ($120 for the boots, $45 for the orthotic insoles.) But I get the last laugh, because at the end of the day, my feet feel GOOD.

I liked my RWs at work so much that I went back and bought a pair of RW Dress Shoes, too.

I am a electrican tha works outside all day and night in the Northeast with snow, rain and cold weather!!! So REDWINGS are the best for me.. Have had them all and they all failed and left my feet sore and wet!!!! Well worth every penny if you stand, walk and work on your feet all day in the trades. Which everyone does what i stated so take care of your body so you can function properly and comfortably.. just my two cents!!!

Top Bottom