What's new

Chubby 1 Best or Chubby 1 Super

I really like the size of each of the these brushes. I have an SR 3118 and a Shavemac 220 so it would put the Chubby in the middle, which will hopefully put off the SBAD for another few days. I definately want the Chubby 1, but I can't decide which one to get, Super or Best. Any thoughts? One last thing, Has anyone written comprehensive reviews of either of these brushes?

Thanks all.

You only live once, man. I don't want to hear you lamenting on your deathbed decades from now, "IF ONLY I'd have ordered my Chubby 1 in SUPER!!! AARRRGH!!!"

I asked a similar question not to long ago. I was trying to choose between chubby 1 in super and SR 3118 or 3120. Well against the advice of some on this board I bought the Chubby 1 in super. For some reason I couldn't help myself. Needless to say I am very happy with it. I think it is a great brush for both soaps and creams (although I primarily use soaps now). I also think it feels very soft on my face (it is not "barbed".) It can whip up a huge amount of lather in an average amount of time. It holds the heat of the water very well. It also holds a ton of water.

One thing to note though with the chubby 1 that has been stated before, there is a bit of a learning curve in using this brush. It took me a little while to figure out the water ratios.

Also buy it from Lee, he has great prices.

Chris

castlecraver said:
You only live once, man. I don't want to hear you lamenting on your deathbed decades from now, "IF ONLY I'd have ordered my Chubby 1 in SUPER!!! AARRRGH!!!"

That's why I'm asking because Ouch told me that is exactly what would happen if I made the wrong decision! :w00t:

I got a Chubby 3 in Super, felt the bristles, and returned it: bristles too stiff and the brush as a whole too large. I now have a Chubby 2 and 1 in Best and, for me, that's Best. :smile: (Sorry) But of course YMMV. I do have a couple of Simpsons in Super---the Emperor and the Major---and I like them fine. So it's not the Simpson super in general, just that Chubby (and the PJ and the Polo---all those Supers felt too stiff to me).

I'd say go with the super..... besides a Duke 3 in best is basically the same brush as a chubby 1 in best, so if you go best - you'll want to get the duke as it'll be cheaper, and the same size/quality.

Top Bottom