What's new

Christmas money burning a whole in pocket, need ideas on what to get.

What cream should I get?

• TOBS Rose

• TOBS Eton College

• J.M. Fraser's Shaving Cream

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have a nice chunk of change from Christmas and I want to get some nice shaving stuff. Please vote in the poll to help me pick what shaving cream I should get.

I am thinking a tub of TOBS rose or eton college or J.M. Fraser's Shaving Cream. We will see what the poll says.
See if I can find L'Occitane's Cade shaving soap at Sephora, if not then Provence Sante Verlaine Scent.
Possibly one of the blade sampler from westcoast shaving. MAYBE try some of Nancy Boy's shaving cream or balm.

I have 3 nice brushes, one being the BBE, so I don't need a brush. I have 4 nice razors, so that is taken care of.

What else would be good to get? I need some ideas. Oh and please post links to where the product can be bought, IF possible.

Thanks gents!

P.S. The TOBS and possable the Provence Sante will be bought at from John over at shaving essentials. They seem to have the best price on TOBS.

I've tried TOBS Rose and Fraser's and I think Fraser's is better.

+1

There is nothing wrong with TOBS Rose but I prefer Fraser's. A light citrus scent that doesn't clash or interfere with anything, IMO. If you are interested in the most cream for the least amount of $, Fraser's is the winner.

I'm a big fan of TOBS Eton... but honestly this is a difficult question to answer without knowing what you currently have/use. I'd say all TOBS creams are going to be equally effective in terms of latherability, etc and otherwise its just the scent that would be up to you. And that's such a personal preference thing -- do you think you'd prefer a floral scent or a more woodsy, cologne type scent? I don't think anyone else could really make that call for you.

I personally haven't tried any of the creams listed in the poll, but if you do end up getting Nancy Boy Signature SC, you won't regret it. Its a fantastic cream IMHO

...if not then Provence Sante Verlaine Scent.

Buy this.

It's better than any of the creams you list, and represents the top of the heap when it comes to shave soaps. Spieck, CADE, Tabac, Pre de Provence, and others are bunch of mere sub-par, low-rent pretenders in comparison. Soap w/dish $16, cake only, $10.

http://www.touchofeurope.net/linens/ForMen.html

You're welcome.

edit: was unaware that John at www.shavingessentials.net offered this, too. I'd support him, he's a respected merchant and contributor here.

-- John Gehman

I'd get the nancy boy and the blade sampler myself. Nancy boy is very nice, and if you haven't yet done the blade sampler thing it's a good exploration. I was not super impressed with the provence sante soap or tobs cream, although neither is bad.

Guess I missed the part about the cream. Hmmph. I know that Tabac has a loyal following, but I find the Tabac soap very *ordinary*, and I don't care much for the scent. Guess I'm the odd man out, here.

-- John Gehman

the odd man out is good sometimes. The only GF Trumper cream that works for me is coconut for some reason. That just means I can spend more $ on other goodies.

I JUST placed a order with John over at shavingessentials.net. I got TOBS Rose. I LOVE this stuff, the scents is intoxicating. I was unable to find the Cade soap, so I got Provence Sante refill instead.

Top Bottom