What's new

What have you learned from B&B?

I've learned a great deal about coffee, tea, brewing methods, spending money on brewing methods, coffee and tea. And that my wife does not like my tea....which is very good for me...:biggrin:

I have also learned that if someone on here likes something a lot and I like them a lot I am going to like something a lot. Tea for example. Never drank the stuff if it wasnt iced. Now, hot tea everyday.

I have also learned that if someone on here likes something a lot and I like them a lot I am going to like something a lot. Tea for example. Never drank the stuff if it wasnt iced. Now, hot tea everyday.

burnWood... our peer pressure advocate!

I have learned that peer pressure is very powerful advocate when it comes to AD.

To find the best of the best on:
Colognes,
Watches,
Hats,
Fountain Pens,
Alternative Theories to evolution,
Beers and Liquor,
Chocolates,
Cigars,
Steak Cuts,
Teas, Coffees, etc.

you guys are a bunch of hedonists.

But above all I have learned that, after certain price threshold, You do not always get what you pay for. That is, quality luxury products are almost never the most expensive and you can get superlative goods that are relatively cheap. It is all a matter of taste really.

That one should not enjoy fine liquors while browsing B&B and have a credit card within hand reach. Very bad.

That is why I do not have the internet in my house! If I did, I'd end up talking to some weirdos online about the most ridiculous of topics, instead of getting on with my life.....doh!

I've learned that you can use splash AND balm during the same shave. I always thought you could use one, or the other, but not both at the same time.

I've learned the difference between pure, best, super, etc ... and know which brush to reach for whether I'm using soap or cream. And I've learned how to properly clean and maintain my brushes.

I've learned about Blade Buffing, J-Hooking, and the Gillette Slide, although I rarely use any of those techniques.

I've learned you can't always judge a book by its cover, and that first impressions are sometimes wrong. (I'm talking about TABAC here.)

I've learned (the expensive way) that I don't have to try every single soap/cream/balm out there, and that with a couple of exceptions, I greatly prefer unscented products.

But Nine months and 800+ posts later, I still don't understand why Art is King, although I've learned to accept it.

Top Bottom