What's new

Be Safe

In the early morning, family friends from Boston were driving to see their family in New Jersey for the holidays. It was the father, his two daughters, and their grandmother. The father fell asleep at the wheel on Garden State Parkway South and drove off the road. The car struck a 40-foot tree, which consequently fell on the car and killed the father and the grandmother at the scene. His two daughters - aged 13 and 8, respectively - are in stable condition physically but lost both their father and grandmother on Christmas morning. Emotionally and psychologically, I can't imagine what they're dealing with and will probably deal with for the rest of their lives. The ironic thing is that my parents drove past them on the north side after leaving Christmas Eve service.

While I didn't know them personally - my parents did - it's a poignant story. I just wanted to implore everyone to be safe during this holiday season. None of us want to remember it for the wrong reasons.

Blessing to that family T. Everyone, this is unfortunately a time for accidents with so many traveling to friends and family. Please be careful.

Top Bottom