What's new

A new obsession

It's 3:30am and I'm on B&B. I think this is my new obsession.

I've been interested in wet shaving with a safety blade for many many months now. Thanks to my recent graduation (woohoo) and some lovely graduation money, it was high time for me to class it up. I'm an actor, so along with a very well needed wardrobe update, I also bit the bullet and got new shave equipment. I always knew that shaving did nothing for me. This is why I only do it once every few weeks. Even if I took my time and got things as hot as possible and did multiple passes in different directions, I could still see stubble. But now, not only will I want to shave much more often because of how much money I've already invested, but because of how (hopefully) amazing it will all turn out.
How much money you ask? Well, I guess I got "lucky" and timed my entry into this new world along side Lee's 12 days of Christmas sale.
I am now awaiting a package of a Simpsons PJ2 Super Shave Brush, a Merkur, and some Tabula Rossa. Hey, you only live once, so might as well get something good if you can afford it. I deserved to pamper myself!

My battery is about to die, and I'm tired. But I had to just post a HELLO! after waiting on pins and needles to finally get approved here.

Welcome to the magic world! ;)

Before wet-shaving I was shaving once a week.. and hated it!

Now with the smells and how comfortable the shave is I shave 3-4 times per week! (I wish I could do it 7/7)

Don't be disappointed of your first shaves!

DE shaving is tricky at the beginning and you'll need to practice, but maaaaan after 10 months in the hole experience what a GREAT result do I get!!!! :D

Elias

Welcome! It takes a brave man to admit he's openly thespian! :biggrin:

You had to get approved? I don't recall having to get approved, which in all likelihood explains how I got through. :tongue_sm

You got yourself some nice shave equipment, but you can't just say "A Merkur" - if you took advantage of Lee's no doubt it was the 38C, but which one?

Hope to hear more from you as try new shaving products and gear.

Welcome! It takes a brave man to admit he's openly thespian! :biggrin:

You had to get approved? I don't recall having to get approved, which in all likelihood explains how I got through. :tongue_sm

You got yourself some nice shave equipment, but you can't just say "A Merkur" - if you took advantage of Lee's no doubt it was the 38C, but which one?

Hope to hear more from you as try new shaving products and gear.

There is a waiting period between registering an account and being able to post in the forums and read the review section. My waiting period was like, three days. It was awfull!
As for my Merkur, its a "Merkur HD with Safety Bar". Sounds dangerous! Hurrah! Had I discovered Lee's earlier in his 12 days I probably would have gotten one of those lovely barber poles. I knew I wanted to start with a new Merkur and figured the odds of him putting up another Merkur wre slim to nill, so I took a shot and got one full price.

Welcome! I anticipate a great experience for you. I'm about a month into DE shaving, and I've never felt better! It gets better all the time!

Welcome aboard. Up at 3:30 cruising around B&B, eh? Might I refer you to the forum that deals with coffees and teas, etc. Might help you pull some all-night B&B read-a-thons or survive the day after a long night of cruising around here. Good picks on the equipment. Don't worry, you'll be ordering more soon enough.

Welcome aboard. Up at 3:30 cruising around B&B, eh? Might I refer you to the forum that deals with coffees and teas, etc. Might help you pull some all-night B&B read-a-thons or survive the day after a long night of cruising around here. Good picks on the equipment. Don't worry, you'll be ordering more soon enough.

Ack! I need blades! To the sampler packs, Batman!

Top Bottom